82 Pops!!! How Would You Display Them??

Decorating By mareg Updated 17 May 2013 , 8:29am by scrumdiddlycakes

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 14 May 2013 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 8

I thought of getting styrofoam and covering it with wrapping paper, but just want to see if there are any creative people out there to give me ideas.   I don't want it too look like just a bunch on a block.  Thanks  in advance :)

7 replies
Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 14 May 2013 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 8

You could shape and cover your Styrofoam in fondant like a dummy cake and theme it the same as your pops...

If you have separate tables you could use a styro ball on a stick, or a half ball (which would be easier to cover with fondant for a better look) the pops could be like petals on a giant flower.... wrap the stick in green paper and have two big green leaves and a (clean) plant pot at the bottom.....

You could put styro on a nice cupcake stand and decorate the sides with tall ribbon; that would give you some height, a line of pops in similarly decorated styro each side of the stand would frame it well....

You could fill jam jars with water and fresh flowers or sliced fruit and tie ribbon round the threaded part of the jar with wee 'flavour labels' hanging from them... your sticks would need to be plastic not paper and no hole up the middle or they could draw water up into the cake ball through capillary action....

It depends very much on the theme of your pops/the whole party I guess.....

mareg Posted 14 May 2013 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for some great ideas :)

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 14 May 2013 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 8

Get different size containers, fill with sugar, stack containers on top of each other, like you would a cake. Stick your pops in the sugar that can be seen. Careful, it could get heavy, and make sure you charge your client for all the pounds of sugar and containers if you have to buy specially. I'm going to try and find a picture, I saw the idea on a blog...somewhere...

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 14 May 2013 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 8

AStyrofoam cone for a cake pop croquembouche.

mareg Posted 17 May 2013 , 5:56am
post #6 of 8

I should have said they are teapot pops..I'm afraid the handle and spouts witll break off. 

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 17 May 2013 , 7:24am
post #7 of 8

could you put some florists oasis in cups and saucers? that would look cute :-)

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 17 May 2013 , 8:29am
post #8 of 8

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/226041/lace-cupcake-towers?czone=inspiration/wedding-themes/formal-ideas¢er=0&gallery=230976&slide=226041

That is how I usually display mine, I just make the paper border higher, and glue a styrofoam round on top to stick the pops into if I want them standing upright.

I don't use their clip art, I just use pretty scrapbook paper and a scallop punch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%