Oklahoma Cottage Food Law, First Step In Getting Licensed?

Business By MandiJ Updated 13 Jul 2013 , 7:49pm by cookiebaker1

MandiJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandiJ Posted 11 May 2013 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 3

AHello, does anyone know the first step in getting licensed with Oklahoma with the new Cottage Food Law? Like who to contact or where to go? Thanks so much for any help you can give me! ;)

2 replies
justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 12 May 2013 , 7:52am
post #2 of 3

There is no licensing under the new law.

cookiebaker1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiebaker1 Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 3

There is no license nor fee for starting a cottage food business.  Talk to Small Business Association who will help you get started.   Keep good records.  Keep your receipts for what you buy for the business.  You don't need a lot of money to bake from home.  Start small, talk to your friends, neighbors, churches, schools.  Everything has to be labeled for what is in your product.  Make sure that anything that could be an allergen be listed such as soy, nuts, milk, fish, or any other type of allergen be listed. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%