When A Customer Orders Something You Know They Won't Like.

Decorating By NikkiHino Updated 11 May 2013 , 10:00pm by Texan Aunt

NikkiHino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiHino Posted 11 May 2013 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 8

So, I just got back from a delivery. Cake and cupcakes for a quinceanera. The theme was pink and gold swirls. I had sent the woman who placed the order a picture of a connected swirl design I had done a few months back and told her that would be the best for the cake. She said no and sent a photo of traditional spirals not attached or touching at all, said that was what she wanted. I told her the other would look better with the cupcakes she ordered. She insisted I do it exactly like the picture. I finish setting up at the venue, and she comes up very upset, first says the stand isn't the one she wanted(she had come by and picked it out from the ones I rent and I don't have a similar one) and she didn't like how the gold swirls on the cake looked. Said she decided the other way would have been better and she doesn't want this cake. I am at the venue, 20 minutes to guests showing up, and I had TRIED telling her the other would be better.

Anyone else have failed order stories.

7 replies
kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 11 May 2013 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 8

So Frustrating!! ...  What did you do?

NikkiHino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiHino Posted 11 May 2013 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 8

AWasn't much I could do. I showed her the order form proving it was the same stand. Told her I did the swirls exactly as she had insisted and when she tried arguing saying she didn't want it. Showed her her emails with the picture she sent and that I did the cake to her exact specifications. Luckily the daughter came up and said she thought it was cute, but the woman still wasn't thrilled.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 11 May 2013 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 8

Her mistake, not yours!

mariets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariets Posted 11 May 2013 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 8

How rude!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 8

Possible prelude to a refund request.

RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 8

You gave her exactly what she wanted, exactly what she insisted on. What did she expect you to do with only 20 minutes before the party started? I don't see any way that a refund would be due here at all. Just make sure you get the stand back.

Texan Aunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texan Aunt Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
 Said she decided the other way would have been better and she doesn't want this cake. I am at the venue, 20 minutes to guests showing up,

Wow do you look like a magician and/or mindreader??icon_biggrin.gif If she asks for a refund, don't you did exactly what she wanted and have records of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%