Palm Beach Florida, Cottage Law , Need Help With Liability Insurrance.

Business By Cookie2807 Updated 13 May 2013 , 10:17pm by Cookie2807

Cookie2807 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie2807 Posted 10 May 2013 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 3

Dear fellow Cottage Law Bakers, I'm new to the business and I'm trying to go all the right legal steps in opening my home based cake decorating business. I have formed an LLC, got an Tax Id Number, got a SafeServe Food license, my baking ingredients are all stored in special containers, one room in my house is dedicated for all my equipment. I do need a small business liability insurance . Do you have any recommendation for me where I should get this from . Because it is under the cottage law and from my own house , I'm assuming that there are other rules apply . What else do I miss in my set up ?

I was also looking for renting space here in Florida but I was not lucky. Does anybody rent space in a commercial kitchen here in florida ? I hope that you can share with me your experience. I run sometimes into people who lift there eye brows when you are telling them that you are baking out of your home. Any suggestions , how to handle this ? Any help , on the Topic Florida Law Cottage would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you ,

2 replies
TanjaA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TanjaA Posted 13 May 2013 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 3

hi, you have all the info in this brochure :)

Cookie2807 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie2807 Posted 13 May 2013 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you ! Yes, I have this one. I was hoping that I might get input about insurance....and any other things that I have missed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%