Edible Image ??

Decorating By suzied Updated 9 May 2013 , 3:36am by suzied

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 9 May 2013 , 12:42am
post #1 of 3

I have to make a book cake with 3 dummy books on top of this. on the top(highest one) dummy book cake I have to place an edible image. my question is, when is it safe to place the image on the book. I have to give the cake on  Saturday 1st june. is it safe to place it on Thursday or Friday. replies would be much appreciated. the reason why I want to place it early, incase the image is printed out a bit smaller or larger, I have time to get another dummy and do a new one. als how far in advance can I do a dummy book ? TIA.

2 replies
Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 9 May 2013 , 3:03am
post #2 of 3

You can do a dummy whenever since its not gonna be eaten.  Is the dummy covered with fondant or Buttercream?  In my experience its best to wait as long as possible to put it on a buttercream cake--the image tends to soak into the buttercream!  =-)

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 9 May 2013 , 3:36am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemommy2012 

You can do a dummy whenever since its not gonna be eaten.  Is the dummy covered with fondant or Buttercream?  In my experience its best to wait as long as possible to put it on a buttercream cake--the image tends to soak into the buttercream!  =-)

Thanks. cakemommy.   T he dummy will be covered in black fondant. my worry is, if I was to place the image eg. on Thursday and give the cake on Saturday, will anything happen to the edible image? I want to cover the dummy in fondant and keep it ready for the image. my fear is also, the person printing it, incase they print it smaller or bigger , I will be in trouble. I have put the image on a disc, when I print It  on paper its the exact size, when I send it via email and they print it its slightly smaller abt a 1 cm. I cant understand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%