Flat Top Cupcakes

Decorating By peachycreams Updated 9 May 2013 , 12:23am by auntginn

peachycreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachycreams Posted 6 May 2013 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 10

AHow do i achieve a flat top cupcake? I use humming bird recipes. Is it a case of less mix per case? Thanks

9 replies
sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 6 May 2013 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 10

lower the oven temp when baking

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 6 May 2013 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 10

When I need mine flat, I first of all do not over beat the batter, that puts air into it.  2nd, fill your cupcake liners right away and pop them in the oven.  They longer the batter sits out the better the chance of rising.

Another thing I've noticed, that all the cake recipes I have that call for vinegar, they come out flat.  So add a few drops of vinegar.  About 1 tablespoon. Should do the trick.

peachycreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachycreams Posted 7 May 2013 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 10

AThanku. Think i will have to experiment. What recipes do u use? X

auntginn Posted 7 May 2013 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 10

Vanilla, wasc, triple chocolate, Chocolate mudd, Oreo cookie, Dreamsicle, Pina Colada, Carrot, Lemon, Pnut Butter.  Those are my basic 

auntginn Posted 7 May 2013 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 10

Oops forgot to add red velvet.

urbangrl2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
urbangrl2007 Posted 8 May 2013 , 4:50am
post #7 of 10

We do flat top at work...well, sort of I suppose. We just take a serrated knife to them and level them to the top of the liner if they're over. We seal them with the BC before decorating them. They turn out just as cute.

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 8 May 2013 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 10

I've learned two things on CC that have helped my cakes/cupcakes come out flat.

#1) Bake at 325 instead of 350.

#2) Press down on cake (or cupcake) top with clean towel immediately after you take it out of the oven.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 8 May 2013 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 10

I do the press down method too. Immediately after taking them out of the oven, cover the whole tray with a clean dish cloth or tea towel, put a large cookie sheet on top of that and use even pressure to press down for a couple of minutes. They will be flat. This MUST be done when the CC are right out of the oven or it won't work. I do this for my cakes too.

auntginn Posted 9 May 2013 , 12:23am
post #10 of 10

I do my cakes that way, well sorta.... I allow them to sit in the cake pan for about 10 min., shake them loose, put wax paper over them, put a cookie sheet on top and turn it over.  Then pop in the freezer right away.  They cool down and stay flat, so no cutting.  Will have to try for the cc's

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%