What Is This Technique Called...and How Do I Achieve It?

Decorating By Pagea Updated 2 May 2013 , 2:21pm by Pagea

Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 2 May 2013 , 2:24am
post #1 of 5

ACan someone please tell me what the technique on the link below is called...and how di I achieve it?


TIA Page

4 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 2 May 2013 , 2:35am
post #2 of 5

I think it is just another version of ruffles with fondant.  You could google fondant ruffles and see what comes up.  I have seen a number of threads about this style lately so there should be some things more specific.  I don't work with fondant but if I recall correctly it is just strips of fondant, thinned out on one side with a ball tool and applied with the ruffle up.  This one looks like the edge is colored with a brush and some sort of color, maybe thinned out gel color or air brush color.  Just a guess though. 

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 2 May 2013 , 3:16am
post #3 of 5


soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 2 May 2013 , 3:24am
post #4 of 5

Hello pagea... I hope that one of these links might help you! On the first one is a very good site with hundreds of tutorials on everything.  Scroll up for the one you need.









Good luckthumbs_up.gif!


Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 2 May 2013 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 5

AThank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%