Hi Everyone I'm Brand New!

Decorating By Hannahscakes Updated 2 May 2013 , 6:26am by soledad

Hannahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hannahscakes Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 14

Hi my name is Hannah and I am not only new to this site(which I think is freaking awesome) but also new to decorating..I taught myself everything I know because I stay at home with my 5 month old son and this is what I want to do with my life! Decorating cakes is such a stress reliever and to me hardly a job at all because I love it so much.. feel free to look at my cakes and critique them if you must :) remember I am not a professional but hope to be someday! I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions on here. 

13 replies
hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 14

Welcome to the squirrel-cage, and look out for the nuts.icon_biggrin.gif

(Although the nuts around here are mostly harmless.)

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 14

AHello and welcome to cake central ( cc)a nice additive site.:-D

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 14

AWelcome!!! You will love it here! Ahhhh I remember when I was a newbie.....

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 14

Welcome, we're glad to have you.  You can only grow your skills here. I did mine.

auntginn Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 14

Hannah, I went to look at your pics, I noticed there is no description in any of them.  Can you tell us about them a bit?  Like what type of cake, what you used to ice them with, the theme, etc.  If your not sure how its done because your new, go to the gallery and look at a few cakes.  icon_smile.gif

Hannahscakes Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 14

AThanks for the welcome guys! Okay I will try to put a description on my pics whenever I get a chance tonight!

HannahsMomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahsMomi Posted 1 May 2013 , 1:03am
post #8 of 14

Welcome!  You are going to love it here!  It is so addictive, plus this site is amazing and the members are so helpful.  You will learn so much here and be able to share everything that you know and learn along the way!  Happy caking!

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:57am
post #9 of 14

AI'm new to the site as well, and have been heavily addicted to it since signing up a few days ago. I can't get enough of what everyone else has to say!! My only issue thus far is that I can't figure out how to upload a profile pic or any of my cakes. I would love for y'all to critique some of my work...I read a post about the group getting started (back) up? Is there some place specific to upload those pics?

auntginn Posted 1 May 2013 , 3:33am
post #10 of 14

TheLoveofSugar, a big welcome to you as well.  To load pics, go to the Gallery tab and click on it.  To the right will be box that says upload my pics or upload pics.  When you click on it, it will direct you what to do next.  Would love to see your work.

For the Peer Review Cake Club, 1st go to your own pics and then copy the url at the top of your monitor.  Then open up that forum topic and ask everyone to critique the work.  Add only the url to the post not the pick.  The objective is to critique your work and help you improve and we do this under the photo you posted.

HTH

Hannahscakes Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:03pm
post #11 of 14

AYes I am already addicted and learning so much!!

PTDixieGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTDixieGal Posted 2 May 2013 , 2:18am
post #12 of 14

My name is Melissa and I am new here too.

auntginn Posted 2 May 2013 , 4:26am
post #13 of 14

Welcome Melissa

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 2 May 2013 , 6:26am
post #14 of 14

Hello everyone!!! A warm  welcome to all the "NEWBIES"  as a welcome gift I am posting for you this wonderful link which was collected by our very dear CC member, Rylan.

http://cakecentral.com/t/654803/tons-of-free-flower-tutorials-check-it-out

If you check all the pages in the post you will see that it has tutorial for everything .

Best of luckthumbs_up.gif!

CIAO!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%