Best Fondant In Europe?

Decorating By sarahmcgregor22 Updated 26 Apr 2013 , 11:22am by Spireite

sarahmcgregor22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahmcgregor22 Posted 26 Apr 2013 , 10:01am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone..

I am new to Cake Central.  I would love some advice about the best fondants to use which are available online to order in Europe. 

I live in Spain, but normally order fondant online from the Uk or here in Spain.  The brand that I am mainly used to working with is Dr Oektar Royal Icing.  Its okay but have had issues when colouring bright/dark colours, and covering the cake, where is cracked.

Does anyone one know or recommend these brands, which are available online...  CREDIPASTE / FUNCAKES / RENSHAW REGALICE / WILTON.

I would very much apreciate any advice.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

2 replies
Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 26 Apr 2013 , 11:13am
post #2 of 3

I have used Covapaste and Renshaw's Regalice fondant. I prefer CovaPaste as its easy to roll, not sticky or stretchy, and is quick drying - an advantage if your covering a cake at short notice!  It might also be more suited to the warmer climate in Spain perhaps. Google it - there are lots of suppliers selling it on-line in the UK and Ireland,

Renshaw's Regalice on the other hand is okay but  I have had the odd bad batch once too often! However I would recommend Renshaws;s Regalice white almond paste - the best ever!

Hope this helps!

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 26 Apr 2013 , 11:22am
post #3 of 3

I have used the ready coloured Renshaw's in black and I found it really greasy and softer to work with compared with the dr Oetker regal ice...but I knew I would never get a true dark colour trying to colour it myself.

They are the only brands I've used...(I tend to use supermarket own brand nowadays).  Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%