I Am Such A Blonde!!!

Decorating By skyy815 Updated 20 Apr 2013 , 3:37am by yortma

skyy815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skyy815 Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 1:39am
post #1 of 5

So I just made Italian custard cream for eclairs for the first time. As I was putting everything away, my husband comes and a points at my flour saying "When did you get that?" I told him I just bought it and he says " we already have two bags." I started to say its not the same flour when it dawned on me that I bought BREAD FLOUR instead of cake flour!!!! Now, I already made the cream so I used bread flour instead of cake. Do you think I should throw it out because its the wrong flour or should i wait until it sets to see if it turns out ok? Man, I feel like an idiot!!

4 replies
Baking Queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Queen Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 1:44am
post #2 of 5

ALol do[quote name="skyy815" url="/t/757225/i-am-such-a-blonde#post_7385243"]So I just made Italian custard cream for eclairs for the first time. As I was putting everything away, my husband comes and a points at my flour saying "When did you get that?" I told him I just bought it and he says " we already have two bags." I started to say its not the same flour when it dawned on me that I bought BREAD FLOUR instead of cake flour!!!! Now, I already made the cream so I used bread flour instead of cake. Do you think I should throw it out because its the wrong flour or should i wait until it sets to see if it turns out ok? Man, I feel like an idiot!! Dont feel bad! All us bakers have one of those..."oh no!!" moments ..lol! I wouldn't tose it. See how it turns out first before. Sometimes, when a baker makes a mistake it turns out to be the best thing they ever did wrong!!:)

Xhune Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xhune Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 1:45am
post #3 of 5

ALol! Hey, it happens...

I would wait it out and see what happens. Who knows, it could turn out awesome!

skyy815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skyy815 Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 1:59am
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys!!! I guess I'll wait it out! unfortunately, ive never had an eclair so i have to wait for family to get here for them to test it!! hehe my guinea pigs!!! gotta love them! thanks again!!

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 3:37am
post #5 of 5

Bread flour just has a bit more gluten.  I don't think it will make a big difference in a custard.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%