Please Advice Needed!!

Decorating By fatima27 Updated 19 Apr 2013 , 3:20pm by DeliciousDesserts

fatima27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fatima27 Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 5:27am
post #1 of 3

AI love making cakes I learnet through YouTube everything I know I want to learn more before opening a home business so I was looking for courses online and I came past this 5 day course that teaches you how to make novelty cakes and figurines with fondant. I don't know if this could help me progress in my dream career it well cost me 1500$ for the 5 days . So I need some advice from people about this what do you think should Ido it well it help me

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 3

AIf I were you, I would put together a business plan to see if it's feasible (and legal) to start a home-based food business in your area. If it is, and you feel the syllabus for the $1500 class is worthwhile vs. the free content already available online, go for the class. (You may be able to deduct the cost of the class as a startup business expense, talk to your accountant for more info.) If not, you'll probably want to stick to the free content.

FYI, you might get more responses if you include a more descriptive thread title.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 3

AThat depends on the course. Are they skills you need to start or advanced techniques you can add once you've built a customer base? Is the cost competitively priced compared to others?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%