Sugar Shapers

Decorating By Cake Obsessed Updated 11 Apr 2013 , 9:21pm by Cake Obsessed

Cake Obsessed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake Obsessed Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 2



I wanted a ********** g*n (also called clay g*n or craft g*n) for a birthday present off my brother and gave him a specific one to buy - 'Culpitt' brand. Bless him but he bought me a more expensive one called 'Lacor' cookie press/icing set. It looks very similar but don't know if it does the same job. I want it to use with modelling paste, as described by Lindy Smith in her books.


'The patented pump action of the sugar shaper gives mechanical assistance to squeeze out pastes in various shapes and sizes. The tool includes 16 discs which allow you to create: ribbons, letters, frames, bricks, baskets, vines, grass, ropes etc. For hair, grass and flower stamens use the mesh discs. For ribbons, lattice and basket weave use slotted discs. For ropes use the clover leaf shaped discs. The square and half round discs can be used for bricks and logs. Possibilities are simply endless. Most types of sugar mediums can be used with the sugar shaper, but we have found the best results are obtained with modelling paste and pastillage. Sugarpaste can be used with the larger holed and mesh discs, but sugarpaste can give ragged edges.'


Does anyone have any experience of using ********** g*ns - can you advise? Do I need the specific Culpitt brand one, don't want to break the Lacor one by putting modelling paste in it when it is only designed for soft icing and cookie dough.



1 reply
Cake Obsessed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake Obsessed Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 2

I thought the forum didn't like the word gun but turns out doesn't like the word 'sugar cr*ft', not sure why

Quote by @%username% on %date%