One Bite Cupcakes

Baking By wcallen Updated 27 Jan 2016 , 6:52pm by BeeBakes

wcallen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wcallen Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 20

I was just in NYC and saw a cupcake bakery that makes one bite cupcakes with no liner. They are the size of a quarter. Does anyone know what type of pan these could be made?

19 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 20

Are you sure they are actually baked in individually? I've done them with a tiny round cookie cutter and a single layer of sheet cake.

Way easier and faster than filling each little cup and popping each one out. You do waste some cake, but not a ton.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wcallen Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 20

These were definitely individual cupcakes. Thanks K8memphis for the link for a possible pan. I'm not a fan of silicone but I'm doing to look into it and see if the measurements differ from my mini cupcake pan.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 20

Everyone asks me the same question, too. I would use a silicone pan.

Yes, everyone, they're baked individually, not cut out in rounds. They're also filled, and they even have a tiny bit of frosting on top. I work in NYC and we have them often at the office, very very frequently. They're about the size of a quarter and we get them by the box (a pizza box that contains 100 of them). My favorite is peanut butter and jelly. They're bakedbymelissa (dot com) and they're $80 for 100 of them (yikes!). I need to eat about 10 of them to make up for one regular cupcake. But people go crazy about them...me included.

imagenthatnj Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 20

I have been looking for silicone pans that size too. I don't remember the other brands I've come up with, but there are really tiny forms made for pastry chefs. Some like these.

http://www.jbprince.com/flexipan-flexible-molds/flexipan-pomponettes-96-cavities.asp

I'm inclined to think they use something like that.

AndreasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AndreasCakes Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 12:54am
post #7 of 20

I make these all the time. They're really popular for baby showers.

I got my pan at WalMart. It's a very, very heavy metal pan and nothing sticks to it at all. I don't use a silicone pan or liner. They just fall right out when the pan is turned.

Just checked the pan, no brand name or anything on it. I've had mine for a few years, but I know I've seen them there recently.

wcallen Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 12:23am
post #8 of 20

That is the bakeryin NYC that I saw them at. I looked at the silicone pan suggested but way out of my price range. I think I'll look at Walmart like someone suggested. I knew someone on CC would have the answers.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 12:37am
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasCakes 

I make these all the time. They're really popular for baby showers.

I got my pan at WalMart. It's a very, very heavy metal pan and nothing sticks to it at all. I don't use a silicone pan or liner. They just fall right out when the pan is turned.

Just checked the pan, no brand name or anything on it. I've had mine for a few years, but I know I've seen them there recently.

And they are smaller than the regular mini pans? I have looked all over for one like that, I hate baking with silicone.

I might have to brave Walmart... ugh. lol

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:02am
post #10 of 20

Metal chocolate moulds make tiny cakes also ... mine are definitely smaller than mini0muffin trays ..

AndreasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AndreasCakes Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:08am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

And they are smaller than the regular mini pans? I have looked all over for one like that, I hate baking with silicone.

I might have to brave Walmart... ugh. lol

They are. The regular mini size liners wont fit in the pan. They're not way, way smaller than regular minis, but definitely smaller.

sweetheart1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart1978 Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 4:33pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

maybe a silicone pan of minis

this says it is half the size of regular minis

http://www.casa.com/p/essentials-silicone-mini-muffin-pan-269600?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_C&utm_term=ZPV-7361&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1309096334&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

these come in metal too

Hi there. I'm looking for a tiny cupcake tin to bake in too. I've seen the mini muffin silicone pans but they still seem to be too big for the mini cupcake cases. The cases look super small but i just cannot seem to find the tins for these anywhere.

wcallen Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 8:37pm
post #13 of 20

So I braved Walmart on a Saturday and got 2-no name mini muffin pans. They seemed smaller then the wilton one's I had. Did measurements.. a quarter which is the size I'm trying to find is 2.5 cm in diameter, this pan is 3cm diameter on bottom and top is 4.5 cm. So still too big.

Jaieni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaieni Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 9:12pm
post #14 of 20

AThe pans they use are custom made commercial pans. I have one from a bakery I worked at who was looking to try em out but they closed down. Doesn't fit my oven though :(

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 9:29pm
post #15 of 20

you can get different size muffin wrappers and you could cut the pan down to a size you could use in your oven

just a couple possibilities under the banner 'make it work'

Jaieni Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 2:05am
post #16 of 20

AI'd need a heavy duty electric saw to cut it as its a very thick and heavy pan. I also don't want to damage it because it was pricey and I'd like it for future commercial use :)

imagenthatnj Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 2:50am
post #17 of 20

Actually, she needs no liners. Those cupcakes are so small, one bite, that you just pop them in your mouth. At 75 cents a pop.

http://www.bakedbymelissa.com/checkout/Cupcakes.aspx

Jaieni Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 3:05am
post #18 of 20

ANope, no liners needed. I do have liners that fit though!

Susiesque Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susiesque Posted 18 Jan 2016 , 6:55pm
post #19 of 20

I bought this pan and it makes cupcakes that are EXACTLY the same size as the Bakes by Melissa cupcakes.  I put one of them that I bought in NY into the pan just to test the size.  It makes 42 at a time.  It is called Mrs. Fields Cutie Cake Pan.

http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Fields-Bakeware-129-Cutie/dp/B00ID4PAWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453143050&sr=8-1&keywords=mrs+fields+cutie+cake+pan

BeeBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBakes Posted 18 Jan 2016 , 9:23pm
post #20 of 20

i have this same pan, got it from joanns and used a coupon to get the price down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%