Water Streams Out Of Sugar.

Sugar Work By megsk1991 Updated 5 Apr 2013 , 2:17am by Annabakescakes

megsk1991 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megsk1991 Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a little mermaid cake. I'm trying to do the scene in the movie when they sing kiss the girl and want to make the fish that blow water into the air out of sugar. Does anyone have any ideas? I have not really worked with sugar like that though.

This is the scene.

3 replies
gmfcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmfcakes Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe you can make a mold using something in that shape and using easy mold silicone putty it is food grade and FDA compliant and you can use a coupon at michaels. Then use isomalt or poured sugar. Or you can try and shape the isomalt free hand once it cools down a little, but it is really hot, I mean hot.

Slinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Slinger Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 1:38am
post #3 of 4

I would try to blow those shapes!  I know you are not familiar with working with sugar, but you may be able to find some youtubes on the subject.  I would blow a bubble with sugar, elongate it, snip a hole in the top of the bubble and gently pull the edges outward and back towards the skinny part, cool it till it sets, and then take it off the pump.  This would require lots of practice, and you would need to invest in some equipment such as the pump with the blow piece, ( I purchased mine for approx $26), and a heat lamp, silpat, and a microwave.  

If you have the time and money to invest, its totally worth having the skill! 

You may also try to pull the shapes, perhaps take a ball of sugar and work it into the shape of a cone, until you get the desired shape?  

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 2:17am
post #4 of 4

AI have no idea, but please post pictures!!! Sounds so cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%