Cake Preservation

Decorating By Nornni Updated 5 Apr 2013 , 8:37pm by Nornni

Nornni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nornni Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 8

AHow long can a cake last, and what could be used to achieve that.expecially a wedding cake, most people wants it to last for so long here, need help!

7 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 8

AThere are so many variations in cake , fillings and such so its kind of hard to answer the question, that being said what kind of cake are you wanting to keep longer? If it has filling in it that needs to be refrigerated I don't think it will last as long as say a cake made with all buttercream frosting. I do cakes with all buttercream frosting and I put them in the refrigerator as soon as I'm done frosting it and after we cut it it goes back in the frig. I have left my cakes out at room temperature for special occasions. I've kept a cake as long as 5 days in the frig any longer than that it tends to start to dry out. Tell people to eat the darn cake....lol

You can freeze cake too.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 12:14am
post #3 of 8

It can last for their first anniversary in a year if it's well wrapped and frozen.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 8

A rich fruit cake, if wrapped well, can last a year with minimal effect on it. That's assuming they dont want to feed it with alcohol - if they are ok with doing that it can taste better after the year than it would on day one and probably last comfortably longer than a year.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 8

AI don't trust most people's personal fridges. I tell my clients to come back next year & get a fresh cake. If, for sentimental reasons, you really want some of the wedding cake, freeze 2 slices.

Nornni Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 8

AThanks everyone for your comments, was actually talking about if cake lasting outside freezer. For an iced cake, and one without ice.if it is possible? Because someone told me her cake lasted a year outside freezer with its ice precisely 26years ago that happened though.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nornni 

Thanks everyone for your comments, was actually talking about if cake lasting outside freezer. For an iced cake, and one without ice.if it is possible? Because someone told me her cake lasted a year outside freezer with its ice precisely 26years ago that happened though.

No way!  Uniced would be stale within days, and iced would grow mold in about 2 weeks.

Nornni Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 8

AThink I just got what I wanted, thankz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%