Greasing And Flouring Pans

Decorating By BakersGuy Updated 8 Apr 2013 , 10:38pm by BakersGuy

BakersGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakersGuy Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 5

Hello Everyone

Might be far fetched but I am a work I mean baker in progress!  Question, does greasing and flouring cake pans have anything to do with my cakes shrinking?  I used parchment paper for the first time in my pans on yesterday and call me crazy but the cakes seem to rise more and they did not shrink/fall at all.  Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure if I just got lucky or if switching to lining pans with parchment paper is the trick.

Thanks!

4 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 5

I stopped greasing and flouring pans more than 20 years ago, right after I was able to buy bakers parchment in the grocery store.  I line the bottoms, no other treatment at all.

The cake batter does stick to clean pan sides and it does rise better.  Not your imagination.

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 5

I use parchement and a very light coating of non stick spray. no flouring for me... what a mess...lol

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 5

Parchment all the way , I bring the collar up a good inch or two above the tin and fill the tin with enough batter that it bakes just above the top of the tin , then it is easy to cut across the top of the tin to level the cake and I get a perfect 3 inch layer every time.  

It also makes it easier to wash the tin too. 

BakersGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakersGuy Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 10:38pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks a million everyone!  Used the parchment paper again and perfect cakes! 

Thanks!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%