What Would You Charge? (Pic Included)

Business By BubbleGumBG Updated 3 Apr 2013 , 3:14am by SystemMod2

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:21am
post #31 of 37

A

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

Well, thank you so much for the compliment.  Yes, you will.  There are cakes, from my early days, I wouldn't dare post on here ... or anywhere!

Absolutely! When I mean to be offensive, it is quite a bit more blatant. I just mean to say that if I did the design, it would be different and the price would be different. When I started out, my cakes didn't look nearly that good as the OP's.

I just got a hard drive off my first computer, I should post a picture or two so you all can have a good laugh.

Thanks for backing me up ;-)

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:27am
post #32 of 37

A

Original message sent by CWR41

IMO, there's nothing wrong with saying this... the title asks, What would YOU charge?  It's pointless throwing out a price that someone else can/should charge, when the question is based on what others would charge at their business with their skill -- I am right?  You wouldn't say $35 is fine (if you didn't think it looked professional enough, when you know your business would charge $200 for a similar design), and have people think you also severely undercharge.

For a professional, it wouldn't take quite as long, and it would look more professional -- that needs to be specified.  If a professional wouldn't pay any price for a cake that they know they can do better, perhaps a professional can/should specify that too.

I agree, totally. Even for my own work, I have seen a nice design someone wanted copied, I charged proper pricing, then messed it up! I took $30 off the price when it was picked up, because I did it poorly. The same design SHOULD be a different price for different bakers and different areas.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:31am
post #33 of 37

Well, I think we have once again managed to completely hijack a thread.judge.gif

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:39am
post #34 of 37

AI should say that you usually have to tread lightly on this website or someone might get defensive and the whole thread gets deleted as I would imagine that this one will

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:41am
post #35 of 37

A

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

Well, I think we have once again managed to completely hijack a thread.judge.gif

Agreed

Letty38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letty38 Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 2:10am
post #36 of 37

ALove the cake :) I have one coming up this weekend with the same theme.. Hope it looks as good as yours.

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 3:14am
post #37 of 37

Members are reminded about the rules of participating in the forums. If you can't say what you want to say in a polite and constructive manner, do NOT post anything. I realise a lot of newer members may not be familiar with our rules here, so please take this as instruction on what will and won't be allowed.

This thread is now locked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%