Help With Reverse Creaming Method

Decorating By AlicesMadBatter

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 1

Can you lighten up any cake recipe by using reverse creaming method? I have a very basic vanilla cake recipe that use to work for me all the time and I loved it. But for some reason I think it may have gotten tweaked from me rewriting it and saving it in various places in my excel recipe spreadsheet. I tried to lighten up a recipe the recipe by using the reverse creaming method with it. And I did half cake flour half ap flour. The batter tasted wonderful, was pretty thick. But when I baked it it domed perfectly at first, then spread up over the top of the edges a little. I scooped the batter with my cupcake (ice cream) scoop 2/3 of the way as always. I ended up having to trim the edges to get even sides after I removed them from the pan. And the end result is a very moist fluffy cupcake, a little dark on the bottom but the top separates away from the rest of the cake and is a little crusty. Help!

Here's the recipe. I added a few tablespoons of instant coffee granules (per another recipe) the last 30 seconds of reverse creaming method to make a coffee speckled vanilla cupcake. 

2 cups sugar

3 cups flour

4 eggs 1 tbspn vanilla 1 tbspn bk pwdr 1 cup milk 1 cup butter

Help! Thanks!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%