Serving Sizes !!

Business By RoccoDana Updated 2 Apr 2013 , 5:23am by lorieleann

RoccoDana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoccoDana Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 6

AI was hoping for some help with serving sizes . Online I see serving sizes for 6,8,10,12,14 cakes which are 2 inches High. I'm wondering what are the serving sizes for cakes that are 3-4 inches high . Can't find that anywhere.

5 replies
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 6

AWilton.com or the Wilton books have serving charts. I can't post a link but I'm sure someone else will.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 6

if you check --the chart might be saying for example the batter amount for one 2" layer

then it gives the serving amount for different size cakes that are two of those layers

that's what the wilton charts show--it's maybe a little confusing but check again and see if that's not the case

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 6

Awww.wilton.com/cakes/cake-cutting-guides/

This thread says to change 50% more because the cake is taller. cakecentral.com/t/652558/serving-sizes-for-3-layer-cakes

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 5:23am
post #6 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1300478/per-several-requests-to-post-this-here-here-it-is-this-is-the-guide-that-i-created-to-determine-how-many-servings-per-each-round-cake-and-a-diagram-of-how-i-would-recommend-it-being-cut-based-off-indydebis-cutting-instructions-hope-it-helps/

i think this one is good (as are her square and rectangle)  I have though started using a guide that knocks off a few servings per tier to account for pillars/supports going into tiered cakes and for the wonky corner wedges that are almost all frosting.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%