Has Anyone Made A Cake To Look Like A Bar Of Chocolate?

Decorating By joandwade Updated 23 May 2013 , 11:04pm by redstar66

joandwade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joandwade Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 5:10am
post #1 of 20

AHi everyone I'm wanting to make a cake for a friend of mine who is a chocoholic . Something a cadbury bar of chocolate need some help With how to get the little square cubes of chocolate under the fondant shall I just mark the fondant or put something under there. Hope someone understands What I'm trying to say :-)

19 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 20

AI would carve out the lines. Use a knife slanted at an angle or a melon ballet. That way, when you cover the cake, you will have the blocks of chocolate.

ClauRiebeling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClauRiebeling Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 20

You can carve out the lines with a pairing knife, just a little bit angled, then crumb coat and cover it with fondant and mark the lines pushing down gently with a thin, large and rounded tool (Wilton has a purple one that helps very well).

Here is the photo of one of them I´ve made.

Have fun!

Clau Riebeling

AppleMark

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClauRiebeling 

You can carve out the lines with a pairing knife, just a little bit angled, then crumb coat and cover it with fondant and mark the lines pushing down gently with a thin, large and rounded tool (Wilton has a purple one that helps very well).

Here is the photo of one of them I´ve made.

Have fun!

Clau Riebeling

AppleMark

welcome to the forum, hola, clau!! mexico city wow cool!

and that's a stunner beautiful cake -- beautifully done as well ;)

joandwade Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 20

AWow that cake is excellent just what I want to do but a cadbury chocolate one thanks girls for the advise didn't think of carving the lines out first :-)

ClauRiebeling Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 1:51am
post #6 of 20

K8memphis... Thank you for the warm welcome and your kind words.

Now you have a friend from México... maybe more but I think I´m the newest, jaja  =)

PS The cake on your profile photo looks amazing!

ClauRiebeling Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 1:54am
post #7 of 20

Joandwade: You can count on me icon_smile.gif

Good luck... once your cake is finished share the photo; we´d love to see it thumbs_up.gif

joandwade Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 20

A[quote name="ClauRiebeling" url="/t/756335/has-anyone-made-a-cake-to-look-like-a-bar-of-chocolate#post_7377845"]Joandwade: You can count on me :) Good luck... once your cake is finished share the photo; we´d love to see it ;-D [/quote

joandwade Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 4:50pm
post #9 of 20

AThanks Hun I will def put a picture up I am pretty new to doing cakes I'm learning as I go along only done a few novelty cakes so far Some else has just asked me to do a rifle gun cake too so that's another one for me to think about :-)

joandwade Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 11:27am
post #10 of 20

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2982784/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

So this was my finished result of my bar of chocolate cake I am very pleased how it came out thanks for the tips girls. X

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 11:31am
post #11 of 20

AThose cakes are so fabulous!!! They really do look like big bars of chocolate!!

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 11:46am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandwade 

So this was my finished result of my bar of chocolate cake I am very pleased how it came out thanks for the tips girls. X

I just favorited this, then I came across this thread lol !! Very nice .. btw that is my FAVORITE kind of chocolate ever!!

joandwade Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 12:49pm
post #13 of 20

AThanks icookibake my 1st favorite thanks. :-)

redstar66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redstar66 Posted 15 May 2013 , 3:07am
post #14 of 20

Hi,

I am just wondering how you got the decoration on the "wrapper" of the chocolate bar? I will be making this cake for a friend's daughter and would appreciate some tips.

Thanks

allycrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycrumbs Posted 15 May 2013 , 3:41am
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstar66 

Hi,

I am just wondering how you got the decoration on the "wrapper" of the chocolate bar? I will be making this cake for a friend's daughter and would appreciate some tips.

Thanks

Ditto, joandwade. Would really appreciate if you could share how you made this lovely "chocolate bar" icon_biggrin.gif

TIA!

joandwade Posted 15 May 2013 , 5:37am
post #16 of 20

AHi girls all I did was get the logo printed on to icing paper and than using a sharp knife cut around the bits I wanted to use and placed it on top of the fondant icing and it just blends in. :-) good luck x

AmantiCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmantiCupcakes Posted 23 May 2013 , 2:22pm
post #17 of 20

AHi, I'm making a bar of dairy milk for a birthday. What did you use for the silver under the wrapper? Where did you go for the icing paper printing? Your cake is brilliant!

joandwade Posted 23 May 2013 , 6:24pm
post #18 of 20

AI got the cake topper icing done from eBay actually but since then I found a cake place here where I live that can print what ever picture u want onto the icing paper so that's good cause someone else has asked me to do another one. The silver is edible silver paper.

AmantiCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmantiCupcakes Posted 23 May 2013 , 8:36pm
post #19 of 20

AThank you, I'll give eBay a try :-) I only hope mine looks as great as yours when it's finished!

redstar66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redstar66 Posted 23 May 2013 , 11:04pm
post #20 of 20

Hi Joandwade,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I'm new to this forum and didn't realise that you have to click to the next page to see other posts (silly me). Thanks for the advice, I have found a place near me that does icing printing so I will see if I can get them to do it for me! Great idea and a lot less hassle than trying to cut out all the letters. :)

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%