Can I Pipe Royal Icing Phrases In Cursive On Wax Paper & Transfer To Cake?

Decorating By DH2008 Updated 31 Mar 2013 , 4:52pm by Relznik

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone tried this w/ minimal breakage? I have a cake next weekend with a very specific type of lettering & I want it to be Maybe make a few extra in case? Anybody do this successfully by printing out the phrase & tracing with royal icing? Thanks!!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 3

if the cakes are square that should work or if round you want to dry them on a former


maybe use some gum arabic in there for added strength or cream of tartar at least


and spray fat on the paper then wipe it off so it's just a very thin layer of fat and pipe on there so they loosen for you


i have done lots of words by piping pate choux


see if i can find an old picture...


well i can't find the one i was thinking of--and this is large lettering but so easy


you make pate choux paste, pipe it and bake it, color it before or after or both


just a little toothpick in the foot of each letter holds it no problem-o easy peasy


not unweildy and heavy, accident prone like fondant letters


if it's small lettering use more gentle baking



just a family birthday cake

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 3

Another way to do this is to use some software to type out wording in the font you need, but then reverse it.


Then you pipe over the printed text on a clear perspex sheet.


Allow to thoroughly dry and then use this to imprint onto the cake.


It will now leave an imprint the right way round to pipe over, on the cake.




Suzanne x

Quote by @%username% on %date%