Newbie Looking For Recommendations On Courses In Ireland

Decorating By AmyKY Updated 1 Apr 2013 , 12:11pm by AmyKY

AmyKY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyKY Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 6

Hi guys, 

Im just new to the cake decorating scene and love it, I have done a few projects before but i am really interested in improving my skills gain confidence and taking the next step to hopefully make a career from home as i have been told many times i should pursue as my cakes turn out so well for an inexperienced beginner.

I have been looking at courses in Ireland and I was looking at the PME diploma modules. Does anyone have recommendations for any particular school? I live in the west and nothing is available here.

Many thanks xxx

5 replies
Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 6

Hi AmyKY

Try www.cookshop.ie I completed the PME Professional Diploma - "Masters Certificate" in Cork last year. I am from the Mid-West region, but there were students from Dublin in the classes - whose preference for Cork was based on reputable PME instructors there. Although I am  hobby decorator myself I would recommend this course, which is a great start for beginners! It also covers the business aspects of cake decorating - a must for Professionals.

I gained alot of confidence and inspiration - from the broad range of new techniques taught on the PME Diploma Course. As a matter of fact it was one of my classmates who suggested that I post photos of my final assessment work to Cake Central - this was my first introduction to this great CC website!!!

I wish you well in the future. Happy Baking!!!

Hope this helps!

Margaret393

Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 6

Love the Gingerbread Men and Cookies in your Avatar Photo!  You will enjoy the PME Royal Icing Module - with those piping skills demonstrated. Well done!

Margaret393

AmyKY Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret393 

Love the Gingerbread Men and Cookies in your Avatar Photo!  You will enjoy the PME Royal Icing Module - with those piping skills demonstrated. Well done!

Margaret393

Awww thank you very much for the info I have emailed them now.The school in Cork does sound to be fantastic and such a difference in price from some, i have seen some mixed reviews about others but its always great to get as much feedback on experiences as possible. Just another question Margaret393 if i may, what would i be looking at cost wise for the course eg, extras, ingredients, equipment etc. 

Im getting very excited as i absolutely love this, it is a hobby for me but if i could get enough skills for me to make it a part time income that would be great and it would suit me to the ground as i have a 3 year old and i could work from home. I love making all sorts of home baked goodies.

My husband is weary of the cost of me doing a course but i feel its the only way to give me more of standing and confidence as I lack the experience most have. I made my sons 3rd birthday cake last week and it was my first proper celebration cake. ill post a pic up on my profile i would love to get your feedback and see if theres hope for me. x

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 4:45am
post #5 of 6

You should look into craftsy.com.  They have tons of wonderful cake decorating videos by world famous cake designers!! - for much cheaper than taking their classes in person.

AmyKY Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 12:11pm
post #6 of 6

A

Original message sent by mrsmudrash

You should look into craftsy.com.  They have tons of wonderful cake decorating videos by world famous cake designers!! - for much cheaper than taking their classes in person.

Just had a look there and wow they have a lot of online courses! And really good pricing too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%