What To Do If A Customer Just Doesn't 'like' Your Cake Taste?

Decorating By missmersh Updated 19 Apr 2013 , 3:19pm by kikiandkyle

quiltedlily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quiltedlily Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 1:12pm
post #31 of 33

Ain any retail situation, you have to remember that the customers are coming to you with baggage - their marriage is falling apart or they are on the brink of bankruptcy or their teen just got arrested for drugs, etc, etc, etc. you can be an easy target for their anger. I always take it as they must be very unhappy people to treat someone else like that and thank goodness that my life is much happier! it can be hard, but try not to take it personally when they are criticizing your hard work - especially when you know that you are in the right.

lykDatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lykDatCake Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 3:18pm
post #32 of 33

AI'm so sorry to hear that I had the same situation. I told the customer I don't understand why the cake wasn't to your liking but on your next order ill be sure give u a discount. Some customers don't understand how much time and money we put into these cakes and they are very hard to please but we just have to learn different ways to deal with it.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 3:19pm
post #33 of 33

AYou know why people do this? Because it works. They get their money back, and move on to the next person with a heart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%