Margarine Or Butter

Decorating By marley26 Updated 20 Mar 2013 , 1:20am by auzzi

marley26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marley26 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 5

AHi, I am wondering if anyone can help me. (Again). I began making cakes a year or two ago for birthday presents for members of my family mainly the kids. This has now become expected and everyone in the family wants one. Aside from becoming very time consuming its getting expensive, so I have resorted to asking people to buy their own ingredients. This is where my question comes from. I gave my sister in law a list and instead of getting butter xshe bought stork margarine. I always use real butter for my cakes and everyone says they taste lovely but after using the stork my cake has turned out much fluffier and lighter does anyone know why

4 replies
Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know the science of it...but I find that Stork is the best of all the margs.

debcons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debcons Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 5

AI always use stork marg, I like the taste better x

AmeliesKItchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmeliesKItchen Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 5

I've seen this posted many times, and even saw a tv programme about a monthe ago where they compared a Mary Berry cake (made with Stork) to a Michel Roux Jnr cake made with butter and Mary's came out tops! I daren't stray from butter having said that, my cakes are still light and fluffy, the flavour is buttery and the ingredients are more natural. It's wahtever you're comfortable with I guess!

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 1:20am
post #5 of 5

As long as the fat content of the margarine is 80% like butter, one is as good as the other ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%