'splatter' Look???

Decorating By Amy7373 Updated 19 Mar 2013 , 9:36am by scrumdiddlycakes

Amy7373 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy7373 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 8:43am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,


I've been asked to recreate the top tier of this cake as the cutter for a cupcake stand for a 21st birthday.


Does anyone have any ideas as to how this might have been done? What kind of icing do you think it is - or is it chocolate?


Any thoughts most appreciated!


Thanks :)

2 replies
SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 9:10am
post #2 of 3

Splattered with coloured royal icing perhaps? I'd do it like we used to in school, put down some sheets and splatter with a brush or on a small spoon.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 9:36am
post #3 of 3

I agree with SugaredSaffron, I'd use coloured royal icing and flick it on with a spoon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%