Opinions Wanted On My Latest Idea For A Business Name

Business By acakedecorator Updated 19 Mar 2013 , 7:41pm by acakedecorator

acakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acakedecorator Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 5

AHi everyone! I have been throwing business name ideas around for months now and everything I liked was taken. I finally came up with Once Upon a Tier or Once Upon a Tier Cakery. I searched the web and it wasn't taken. What do you all think of the name? All honest thoughts and opinions are appreciated!! :)

4 replies
tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 5

I like it with the Cakery.

j92383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j92383 Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 5

I like it without cakery. Very cool name

rica827 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rica827 Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 5

I'm sorry! I'm going to be the downer...I don't like it :(  The play on words with tier is what kills it. If you say it out loud, the word "tier" could easily be misconstrued as "tear", as in crying because the cake is so bad?  Remember your audience - people who aren't in the cake world and may not immediately know that you mean tier, as in cake tier.

acakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acakedecorator Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rica827 

I'm sorry! I'm going to be the downer...I don't like it :(  The play on words with tier is what kills it. If you say it out loud, the word "tier" could easily be misconstrued as "tear", as in crying because the cake is so bad?  Remember your audience - people who aren't in the cake world and may not immediately know that you mean tier, as in cake tier.

Thanks for being honest! I didn't think about "non-cakers" not recognizing tier as a cake tier. Thanks again for your feedback!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%