Ufc Fence For Octagon

Decorating By V_Dizzle Updated 20 Mar 2013 , 8:07pm by V_Dizzle

V_Dizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
V_Dizzle Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 8

So, I've been reading every single post there is about making a UFC cake. I have everything figured out. I took the advice and idea from one poster about using non-slip black matting as the wire for the cage, I picked some up at the Dollar Store today and it will look just like fence! I want to use black candles as the post. Now here's my delimma (I'm probably over thinking this). How do I connect the matting to the candle? It's a red velvet cake that I am frosting the cake in crusting cream cheese frosting. I am using sugar sheets and edible markers for the decorations and have two little plastic MMA guys. I am new to cake decorating so I will not have any fondant, gum paste, or royal icing to stick to it. I will have the netting above the cake so not to touch it, so whatever I can use to stick it to the candles will be okay.

Thanks so much!

7 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 8

Melted chocolate? If you melt it and put it in an icing bag you could probably apply it easier where you need it on the candle, then hold the net in place until it sticks, then move onto the next candle.

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 8

I give up. What's a UFC cake???

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 8

@handymama: http://www.ufc.com/

V_Dizzle Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 8

Hahaa sorry it's mixed martial arts ultimate fighting...not everyone is American and I often forget! Thanks for the tip with the chocolate! Will candy melts work? I have some on hand! 

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 8

Ah, so basically big boys acting like little boys. Candy melts will be fine.

V_Dizzle Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 8

I guess you are right there handymama! haha Thanks guys for the tip, I'll use candy melts and try and stick it together. Wish me luck! I'll post pictures of the finished cake if it isn't a big ol mess!

V_Dizzle Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 8

Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting & wilton sugar paper with americolor edible markers for all of the logos. The net is made of candles and non slip matting (from the dollar store) and I purchased mini UFC fighters!

Well, here is my cake. To my surprise the non slip matting stuck to the candles where all I had to do was wrap it and not even connect it! Thanks for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%