Adele Theme?

Decorating By IAmPamCakes Updated 11 Mar 2013 , 12:14am by kikiandkyle

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 9

So, I was asked to do an Adele themed cake for a 4 year olds birthday next weekend. Uummm...

All I know about Adele is she sings, and I don't listen to her music.

It won't be a huge cake (40 ppl?) and I can't for the life of me figure out anything to do with this cake! All I can come up with is maybe lyrics painted around the sides, maybe some music notes...

Any ideas?

8 replies
BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 9

Wow...that's vague!  But could end up really cool!  Something with her trademark cat eye make up, red hair, song lyrics.  Maybe a hint at an album cover (but not copyright infringing)?  Good luck and be sure to post pics!

IAmPamCakes Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 9

I know. The customer just said 'Adele theme' and asked what my thoughts were. I was like, 'uuhhh...'

See, I was wondering if there were some traits that belong to Adele, like the makeup and hair. I hadn't thought of looking up album covers to see what elements I could use from there. Thank you!

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 9

Do you have a local cake supply store there? Sometimes they will print image transfers for you at very reasonable prices!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 9

The video for Chasing Pavements is pretty cool but the 4 year old likely wasn't even born when that was around to recognize it. I don't know if a 4 year old would have much appreciation for anything beyond an edible image of Adele, her albums are called 19 and 21 and feature her face as the cover art. Unless you can do an amazing sculpture of her head, I don't know what to suggest beyond that. 

IAmPamCakes Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 9

I am so bummed that I didn't let my BF buy me an edible printer months ago! He offered, and I knew I would be the only person in town (next to one local grocery store) who would've had edible printing available. I simply couldn't justify the cost of the printer and supplies. I hardly have any business right now to call myself a business. Our grocery store will only print an image if I buy a cake. HA!

We'll see what the customer says, and go from there. Thanks!

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 9

Well any printer can make edible images....it's in the edible ink, which is made for literally hundreds of printers. Just for future reference.

IAmPamCakes Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 11:31pm
post #8 of 9

I am aware of that, but I don't have a dedicated printer for that. I wouldn't want to worry over cross-contamination if I use the printer for other non-food printing. Trust me, I have considered just printing off of my regular printer, but I don't think I could, in good conscience. Unless I was informed otherwise, that is.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 12:14am
post #9 of 9

I've see people advertising to print them out for you on Etsy, maybe give that a go if that's how she wants to go, I think it was $10 or something. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%