Help Decorating My Wedding Cake

Decorating By Classycupcakes Updated 17 Mar 2013 , 11:51am by Classycupcakes

Classycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycupcakes Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 8

AIm in desperate need of some fun creative ideas for my own wedding cake.

I was a cake decorator based in the UK for over 6 years but stopped two years ago due to family issues.

I'm getting married in exactly 2 months and haven't come up with a idea yet of what to do.

I will be making a small 3 tier cake 8,6&4 as its a very small low key wedding.

However here's where I'm having problems with the designing, the wedding falls on my partners birthday and for our honeymoon we are going to Milan to watch his favourite football team play. So I want to incorporate a wedding/birthday/ football themed cake.

The football team is AS Roma, The colours are burgandy red and orange so I was thinking of using those colours and some roses to make the cake more wedding like.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME COOL IDEAS, here in the uk we seem to be quite far behind other countries so I would love to pull a amazingly unique cake out the bag!

Thanks in advance

7 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 8

ANot really sure of your style.

The first thing that came to min was double bands. That seems boring.

Maybe burgandy chevrons with smaller gold chevron pattern on top...wish I was sketching this. Then double bands on the other 2 tiers.

Another thought is an abstract kinda design similar to my profile cake. You could do both colors on same design & maybe highlight with some pearls.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 8

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2945436/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

That's what I meant about the chevrons. Very popular at the moment

DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 8
Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 11:29pm
post #5 of 8

Ok, I just did a quick search in the gallery here, the Gold/burgundy combo could be quite striking...I don't think I would personally put the team logo on the wedding cake (least of all as my OH is a Man U supporter!!!) ...could you do a separate groom's cake, or will this be too much arranging/stress/work for you in the run up to your own wedding?

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/2330270/a/2331270/this-was-all-cake-our-first-4-tier-cake-crimson-in-color-with-damask-stencil-on-two-of-the-tiers-and-diamond-cut-with-gold-dragees-on-the-other-two/

and this second one a different theme for each tier http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1187818/a/1188818/made-this-for-a-friend-who-was-having-a-surprise-party-for-her-finace-and-his-twin-sister-and-older-brother-i-design-each-tier-with-something-that-they-are-passionate-about-handy-man-soccer-aquarius-green-color-tfl/

Good luck x

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 8

Try the gallery in both the color section and the wedding cake section.  Even if the cake is white in the gallery you can imagine the accents in the colors you want.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 3:37am
post #7 of 8

I love Delicious Desserts second design, or you could just do a textured white with roses in the team colors. Or maybe you could make custom bride and groom, with him in the team shirt with a football? 

Classycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycupcakes Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 11:51am
post #8 of 8

AThank you so much for all your ideas. I will have a little think. Love the designs you did, thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%