How To Pkg Cupcakes For Bake Sale?

Baking By RedInLove Updated 14 Mar 2013 , 9:58pm by RedInLove

RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 5:43am
post #1 of 13

Hi all!

I'm going to make some cupcakes for the baked goods table at my nephew's high school percussion show, and I'm trying to determine the best way to package them for individual sale. I'm going to ice them but not so that there's a mountain of icing on top, so that they're not too messy since people will mostly be walking around or sitting in bleachers. They will be pretty simple, just in the school colors.

Would putting them in little clear cellophane-type bags work? I'll probably bake them 2 days in advance, and package them 1 day in advance. I'm a hobby decorator-in-training so I've not had to do any kind of packaging beyond a cupcake tray and cake plate.

TIA!!

12 replies
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 6:16am
post #2 of 13

AI have seen cupcakes placed in plastic cups and then put into cellophane bags, tied with ribbon. I'm sure that wouldn't be any cheaper than buying single pastry boxes at a place like Cash & Carry. If you have time, look up ULine (I think) and see what they have available to order. They sell every kind of box or wrapping. Single cupcake holders at Michaels seem too expensive.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 6:31am
post #3 of 13

The clear plastic solo cups work great.  You're can buy the lids for them online

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 13

We have a party supply store that sells cupcake favour boxes for really cheap, you have to fold and assemble them, they just come flat with crease marks. I use them when I do farmers markets, and they work great.

I'd check out any dollar stores, party supply place you have in the area.

RedInLove Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 4:36am
post #6 of 13

Thank you for the replies! I'm going to check on the cups, and either lids or bags to seal them up.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 13

Do you even need to package them?  Just sell them a cupcake and give them a napkin.  The containers will probably just be thrown right away and the cupcake eaten at the event.  Maybe have a few containers if people aren't eating them there.

RedInLove Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by denetteb 

Do you even need to package them?  Just sell them a cupcake and give them a napkin.  The containers will probably just be thrown right away and the cupcake eaten at the event.  Maybe have a few containers if people aren't eating them there.

Yes, I've been told that they have to be packaged. I've seen their bake sale table before, and everything was packaged in some way, mostly using baggies of some kind.

Sassyzan Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 13
RedInLove Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 3:26pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyzan 

These are about 50 cents apiece if you buy 50.
http://bakeabox.com/4-1-4-x-4-1-4-x-4-in-single-cupcake-box-windowed-set-with-adjustable-holder/

That's not bad at all! I will keep these in mind for the next bake sale. Thank you!

daisycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisycakesnj Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 5:15pm
post #11 of 13

Hi. I've recently purchased 6 and 12 cavity containers for my sales and this single should really help with yours. For $0.28 a piece it's worth the look. The only thing is they require $25 minimum purchase. I must say their shipping is fast - my package arrived 2 days later.

http://plasticcontainercity.com/single-cupcake-container-with-hinged-lid.htm

Good luck with your bake sale. HTH

Sassyzan Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 5:24pm
post #12 of 13

AThose are cute!

RedInLove Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 9:58pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisycakesnj 

Hi. I've recently purchased 6 and 12 cavity containers for my sales and this single should really help with yours. For $0.28 a piece it's worth the look. The only thing is they require $25 minimum purchase. I must say their shipping is fast - my package arrived 2 days later.

http://plasticcontainercity.com/single-cupcake-container-with-hinged-lid.htm

Good luck with your bake sale. HTH

Perfect!!! I've bookmarked these for the next bake sale, as well as the boxes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%