Fondant?

Decorating By AsheyBear Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 4:48am by mgamistadi

AsheyBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AsheyBear Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 7

AWhat's it like, taste like, how to use best brands? I'm a newbie cake decorator. Just wanna get to know cakr stuff I guess! Thanks everyone! All and any advice on anything iswelcome!

6 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 7

It's like play doh. Different people like different brands, I like to make my own marshmallow fondant as it's cheaper and tastes pretty good.

AllaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllaMarie Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 7

Like KikiandKyle I make my own Marshmallow fondant also. I've nver bought fondant because of the price. The Marshmallow fondant takes some time to really get used to and can be a pain at first. I would only buy fondant for certain figures or bows... I've always been told how my fondant tastes sooo much better than the bough stuff.

Good luck!

AsheyBear Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 3:59am
post #4 of 7

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

It's like play doh. Different people like different brands, I like to make my own marshmallow fondant as it's cheaper and tastes pretty good.

Hmm, I will have to try it out. Does the site have any recipes for it?

AsheyBear Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 3:59am
post #5 of 7

A

Original message sent by AllaMarie

Like KikiandKyle I make my own Marshmallow fondant also. I've nver bought fondant because of the price. The Marshmallow fondant takes some time to really get used to and can be a pain at first. I would only buy fondant for certain figures or bows... I've always been told how my fondant tastes sooo much better than the bough stuff.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! It's appreciated (:

baking-mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking-mama Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 4:43am
post #6 of 7

AMake your own marshmallow fondant! Cheapest, easiest, and IMO Yumiest fondant ever!

It's very easy to mould with and use. And so mine doesn't seem to 'melt' in the fridge like bought fondant has. :)

mgamistadi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgamistadi Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 4:48am
post #7 of 7

im making a budweiser can cake 3d .. first time.. and I need a good mm fondant recipe .. what do u used?/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%