Topsy Turvy Pan Set

Decorating By horsecrazy247 Updated 24 May 2013 , 8:38pm by ghaele

horsecrazy247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
horsecrazy247 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 9

i have orderd the topsy turvy pan set.   what do you think of it how is the baking with them do i need to bake at a lower temp? also as with this cake win you carv it do you carve  on the cake under it where the top sits like you do with the ones that you carve ?

8 replies
CAKIE BAKIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKIE BAKIE Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 9

how deep is your tin? its 2 by 4 or 3 by 5?

horsecrazy247 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 9

i have the 6 inch 8 inc and 10 inch of the topsy pans

CAKIE BAKIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKIE BAKIE Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 12:07am
post #4 of 9

temprature inside the oven must be 315 actually i was asking of depth? you should check this vedio. perfect 

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 12:47am
post #5 of 9

I almost bought those pans then thought they would be a nightmare to cook with since one side is shallow...and the other is deep.   I have fits trying to bake with the large cupcake pan.   Low temp....flower nails in the deep end...good luck.  I've heard they are not as "topsy" as hand carved topsy turvy cakes.    I hand carve and cut out the angled hole that the top layer sits on.  

horsecrazy247 Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 12:52am
post #6 of 9

AI bake my giant cupcak 1 half at a time

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 12:55am
post #7 of 9

I'm gonna have my husband saw my cupcake pan i half! LOL

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 1:13am
post #8 of 9

A

Original message sent by ddaigle

I'm gonna have my husband saw my cupcake pan i half! LOL

I did! I have never used it, either way, but I read it bakes really crooked and the top gets dry, so I nipped it in the bud ;-) you will have to put the top in another pan, because it gets wobbly, and a wire rack would just just dump the whole thing over.

ghaele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ghaele Posted 24 May 2013 , 8:38pm
post #9 of 9

I bought these cake pans and about a month after buying them i was ready to use them for my sons birthday cake. I have NEVER EVER baked a cake from scratch all the way and in anything other than a pyrex 9X13 square. So this was all new. I read about how people were worried about uneven baking then do you cut or just stack yada yada i had no idea these things were issues! I was terrified. So I researched more and more what I ended up doing was putting three flower nails in the 10 two in the 8 and one in the 6. They were face down then i put parchment paper on top of the nail so only the nail part was poking through and filled the ban. I baked the 6 and the 8 at 300 for the first half and 325 for the rest of the cook time and then ten at 315 they came out beautifully. Now I did not carve into the tiers when stacking I used dowels for support under each of the tiers and then at the very end i put a 1/2 inch thick dowel through the center of the cake from the top tier to the bottom tier. And now hours later its in the fridge and hasn't slipped a bit! That set is awesome! I love it. Here is the proof that this really does work I made this cake with absolutely NO knowledge of baking cakes! So good luck and I hope this helps you! Happy baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%