How Do I Get This Look?

Decorating By amywood20 Updated 27 Feb 2013 , 8:41pm by kikiandkyle

amywood20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amywood20 Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 2


My husband has asked me to make a cake for his office. I am attaching a photo of what he is wanting. How would you go about getting the 3-d effect? I am going to carve the cake in the shape of this design but didn't know how to get the top part of have the slanted look to it, if that makes sense. I can cover it in whatever I want (i.e. buttercream or fondant). I did think about airbrushing the gold so I could get the color effect of the shading but wanted to see if there was another, hopefully easy, way to get the slopes on the top of it. Thanks!





1 reply
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 2

I would probably carve that too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%