Embarrassing Cake Designs

Baking By Allgeier Updated 26 Feb 2013 , 6:37pm by iphoenixle

Allgeier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allgeier Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 21

Sorry - I'm not a cake baker, I'm a cake eater.  And I love to buy cakes for friends/family that are unique to them.  Every year I work very hard to have a cake from my brother that is better than the previous year.  Considering he is OLD - approaching 70 - it's getting more and more difficult.  Last year was the best - a local bakery has something called their "poop cake" which says "Older than S___".  It is disgustingly funny.

Any ideas out there for something?  This bakery said if I come up with an idea they will bake it.  Any help in making this the most embarrassing birthday for my brother is greatly appreciated!

20 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 21

Was he ever a golfer? 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 21

i love that kind of humor!!

my sister and i have sent each other 'mean' birthday cards forever--we don't even always wait for the birthday either

but one year i got this thick bulky manilla envelope that held of all things--all the cards i had sent her over the years --i'm like wth---and she had crossed out my signature and wrote hers on all of them!!!!!!  party.gif  icon_lol.gif

so anyway--i'm into it!!!

i can only think of a cake that looks like a big saggy wrinkled sorry prune and an inscription that says.

"happy birthday prune face"

but your "older than ____" kinda trumps the prune idea

maybe the prune, flat on his back looking up, could be holding a bunch of daisies???

would love to hear what you come up with

hey--not to mention-- 70 is the new 60 -- hahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 21

You could make him a 'kitty litter' cake, I made one for my brother-in-law a few years back.  It is something you could do yourself, the recipe can be looked up online.  It uses a chocolate and vanilla cake mix, instant pudding, vanilla sandwich cookies and tootsie rolls.  It is made in a cat litter box (buy a new one!) and looks very real.  It's worth looking them up online, they are great, although I'm not sure that too many people actually eat it as it is pretty disgusting!

gemmal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmal Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 21

I've seen a few grim reaper cakes on here with 'Calm down Dave, I'm only here for the cake' type thing written on it, I don't know about embarrassing but made me laugh and laugh and laugh...

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

i love that kind of humor!!

my sister and i have sent each other 'mean' birthday cards forever--we don't even always wait for the birthday either

but one year i got this thick bulky manilla envelope that held of all things--all the cards i had sent her over the years --i'm like wth---and she had crossed out my signature and wrote hers on all of them!!!!!!  party.gif  icon_lol.gif

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but one year, I forgot to buy my sister a card...  so I got out a Christmas card that was left from a selection box of cards...  it was a really, really horrible card.  Tacky Victorian snow scene, if I recall...    Anyway, I got a marker pen and crossed out the word 'Christmas' and wrote 'Birthday' above it.

Then inside, I wrote

To you

Happy birthday

From me

And I gave her the card (her birthday is in April).

Guess what I got back from her when it was my bday in June! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

And guess what she got the following year?

And guess what I got?

And so it's been going on!!!!!!!!

-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 21

i'm sure you've seen & done the 'over the hill' cakes probably

but you can make a great caricature out of the person laying over the hill

you could put different pill bottles or mile markers scattered up & down each side of 'the hill'

like a bottle labeled 'youth' and all the pills are all decayed and scattered all over or if it's a mile markeriit's knocked down & weather beaten

then on the other side pill bottles labeled 'geritol', 'for baldies'

put out clothes pins to help hold up sagging skin

timers to remind you not to forget, magnifying glass, wrinkle remover etc.

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 21

AHa ha ha K8, fabulous fabulous suggestions! I do a gross cake every halloween purely to satisfy my own humour it's great fun! How about a turtle/tortoise on its back, feet waggling in the air, if a funeral reef on its belly saying "near enough" the is too harsh a pile of daisy's like k8 suggested would be great :-)

-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relznik 

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but one year, I forgot to buy my sister a card...  so I got out a Christmas card that was left from a selection box of cards...  it was a really, really horrible card.  Tacky Victorian snow scene, if I recall...    Anyway, I got a marker pen and crossed out the word 'Christmas' and wrote 'Birthday' above it.

Then inside, I wrote

To you

Happy birthday

From me

Guess what I got back from her when it was my bday in June! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

And guess what I got?

bwoowhahahahaha--too cool!!!! icon_lol.gif

my brother & i did that for a while with a 3x5 lined index card with the word christmas written on it

it was a 'christmas card' after all -- high five!!!

Crazy-Gray Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:59pm
post #10 of 21

AOr or (thanks relznik for the inspiration) a really tacky Xmas cake with merry Christmas blatantly crossed out and happy birthday piped above.... You could ask for it to look dusty like it's sat on a shelf for months or add mushrooms growing out if it...... No fair I want you as my customer!! Lol

-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:07pm
post #11 of 21

great idea -- maybe cocoa powder for dust

-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:14pm
post #12 of 21

withered shriveled poinsettia

i could contribute some killer pinecones that look like old poo blobs ~ just one of my talents icon_biggrin.gif

yellow snow!!! yellow snow!!!! write hb with the 'yellow'!!!!

icon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:19pm
post #13 of 21

"i didn't want to risk p.i.s.s.ing you off without a cake this year"

"remembering you on your big day"

and have a dog 'doing it's thing against a tree' but writing in the snow 'hb'

(yuck--that's awful!!!!!)

Crazy-Gray Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:24pm
post #14 of 21

AHa ha I love it, can't stop laughing at the dog and yellow snow idea.... It could dribble down one side of the cake and pool in the board!

-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:32pm
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Gray

Ha ha I love it, can't stop laughing at the dog and yellow snow idea.... It could dribble down one side of the cake and pool in the board!

...into a stack of champagne glasses spilling it's golden liquid treasure from glass to glass each to be raised high in a toast to the bd boy

"cheers"

(omg i didn't just write that did i?)

Lalady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalady Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:40pm
post #16 of 21

I did a cake for a friend's father, it was a goat. 

Happy Birthday Old Goat!!!

Crazy-Gray Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:51pm
post #17 of 21

ADoes he like baseball? You could have a glove with a big steaming cat poo in the middle, you then tell him you asked the bakery to pipe "catch it" in the middle of the glove?!

Allgeier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allgeier Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 6:11pm
post #18 of 21

You guys are hilarious!  I had no idea I'd get an immediate response.  I'm going to have to sift (no pun intended) through them all and maybe aggregate the ideas into one.  I will definitely post a photo when it is made.  

Keep the ideas coming.  Just not creative like you!  Love it!

Thanks.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 6:21pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relznik 

Then inside, I wrote

To you

Happy birthday

From me

And guess what I got?

OMG, I love, love, love this idea and I'm soooo gonna copy you on it!!! LOL icon_biggrin.gif  --- nop, I'm not a 'card-person' (don't send xmas cards either) but this is an awesome idea!! imagine all the uses you can give to one card!!! :D ---Ooops, sorry I also got off the subject (**blushing)

iphoenixle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iphoenixle Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 6:36pm
post #20 of 21

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2933195/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site. I've been reading this and remember I got a picture so here it is

iphoenixle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iphoenixle Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 6:37pm
post #21 of 21

ABtw, the words just mean " love is to support each other" :))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%