Recipe For White Chocolate Strawberry Ganache For Use Under Fondant?

Baking By mbranko24 Updated 1 Mar 2013 , 1:03pm by mbranko24

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 1:19am
post #1 of 5

ADoes anyone have a good recipe for White Chocolate Strawberry ganache that could be used under fondant? Would just adding strawberry flavoring or extract, such as Lorann's or Olive Nation, do the trick?

Thank you!

4 replies
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 10:01am
post #2 of 5

Yes. Basically!

I just add extracts or liqueurs after the ganache is all combined. Amounts to taste. Just start with a bit and keep adding until you're happy.

lirana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lirana Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 2:05am
post #3 of 5

I saw this recipe on youtube. You basically flavor the cream with fresh straberries the day before you combine it with the chocolate.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 6:23am
post #4 of 5

I always flavour the cream first, unless it's a liquor I'm adding. I heat it up though with whatever I am flavouring it with in it, then let it sit til it comes to room temp.

Works really well with tea bags, I usually use 2 bags per cup. I have seen strawberry tea, so that would work.

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 5

AThank you both so much. My husband does not like white chocolate, but I want to ganache a strawberry cake for him. I'm wondering what other glaciers might complement it? I am going to use a cream cheese flavored (American BC flavored with Lorann cream cheese flavoring) as the filling

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%