Scp1127

Lounge By vgcea Updated 19 Jun 2013 , 11:12am by AnnieCahill

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 5:47am
post #1 of 38

Okay, I've been meaning to ask this for a while but keep forgeting to create a post. Did I miss something? I know she had a huge project coming up some time last year, but it's quite unusual for her to stay away for so long. Any updates?

37 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 6:10am
post #2 of 38

Maybe she has just gotten sick of CC? I am about there myself, is why it occurred to me... I will normally troll CC all hours, but it has become so uninteresting that I have been on Ebay all night. And have spend WAY too much...

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:04am
post #3 of 38

Send her a PM to say hi!  I was just thinking about her too - I think she got hella busy I think putting together a national wholesale thing as well as opening a retail store.

vgcea Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:34am
post #4 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Maybe she has just gotten sick of CC? I am about there myself, is why it occurred to me... I will normally troll CC all hours, but it has become so uninteresting that I have been on Ebay all night. And have spend WAY too much...

Nah, I can see that happening to anybody but her. RE: Ebay. Whatdidchaget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Send her a PM to say hi!  I was just thinking about her too - I think she got hella busy I think putting together anational wholesale thing as well as opening a retail store.

I'm going to do that. Can you imagine the EPIC post she would have to update us on the bolded? icon_lol.gif Gotta love scp1127 and her way with details.

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:57am
post #5 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

Nah, I can see that happening to anybody but her. RE: Ebay. Whatdidchaget? What didn't I get??? The China prices are absurdly low! I copied these pictures from my "recent purchases" from the current week!

I'm going to do that. Can you imagine the EPIC post she would have to update us on the bolded? icon_lol.gif Gotta love scp1127 and her way with details.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2a

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2b

vgcea Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 8:07am
post #6 of 38

icon_eek.gif You were not kidding when you said you bought a lot of stuff. Dang!

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 8:39am
post #7 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

icon_eek.gif You were not kidding when you said you bought a lot of stuff. Dang!

I KNOW!!! It is a sickness! I live, eat, breath and dream cake! it is terrible, after 25 years of it, I am more obsessed each year!icon_cry.gif I am going to have to register as a non-profit, lol, since I put it all back into product! That stuff was so cheap, I couldn't pass it up, in total, It was just over $200, but don't tell my DH! I had all my receipts and email confirmations, he has no idea he is almost single handedly supporting the 6 of us, while I buy toys, lol icon_biggrin.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 11:00pm
post #8 of 38

I sent her an email through her business website since I live down the road from her, but she has not responded.  Her shop was due to open on November 1st.  I have her contact info-I might give her a call if I don't hear anything in the next few weeks.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 1:50am
post #9 of 38

I sent Susan a PM in mid-November, when I realized she hadn't been on CC for quite a while. In January I sent her a New Year's greeting. She never answered, which is unusual. I hope Annie can find out if Susan's okay.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 2:14am
post #10 of 38

Wow, a lot of cake toys! It is truly an addiction and I must confess, I am waaaaay over my head. I have a spare room dedicated to caking and have hung a full-length peg board on a closet door. I find it is so weighted down with bags of cutters and veiners that I fear it just might spring the hinges! And forget about the work tables, refrigerator, cabinets and various storage bins...

I'm not accountable to anyone else for what I spend, but I am my own worst enemy. Hmmmm, I think I just might check out Ebay. Gotta sacrifice another room!

It is a little worrisome when you feel you get to know someone here and then notice a lengthy absence. I do hope we hear from Susan soon. But like Anna, I find I don't spend nearly as much time on CC since the format change. And I really don't see much sense in posting pictures like I used to. But, that's another subject.

I'm waiting to see what happens.

Jan

vgcea Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 6:54am
post #11 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill 

I sent her an email through her business website since I live down the road from her, but she has not responded.  Her shop was due to open on November 1st.  I have her contact info-I might give her a call if I don't hear anything in the next few weeks.

Annie please do. It's so unlike her to just disappear, and I feel like if she would, she still had some friends she would at least say good bye to.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 1:21pm
post #12 of 38

There was an article in the Icing Smiles newsletter about a new director - - I don't know scp1127, but I thought it was she.  If that's true, she's probably too busy to wipe her own nose.

vgcea Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 6:07am
post #13 of 38

Called her bakery during business hours 2 days ago, and got the voicemail. Oh well, I hope some day she comes back to let us know that all is well.

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 6:25am
post #14 of 38

What happened to everybody? Indy Debby, and Texas Rose, and Texas Sugar, and Blakes Cakes, Tonedna, Linda, Summer, and all of them? all members who have made thousands of posts, then drop off the face of the (cakecentral) world. Could it be the rest of us oldies are more obsessed, with cake? Or something else? I have been a daily lurker to active member for 5 years, and there is no slowing me down! Do I need a life?

vgcea Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 7:06am
post #15 of 38
Quote:

What happened to everybody? Indy Debby, and Texas Rose, and Texas Sugar, and Blakes Cakes, Tonedna, Linda, Summer, and all of them? all members who have made thousands of posts, then drop off the face of the (cakecentral) world. Could it be the rest of us oldies are more obsessed, with cake? Or something else? I have been a daily lurker to active member for 5 years, and there is no slowing me down! Do I need a life?

Yes Anna, you do... and ebay will not suffice either. icon_lol.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 10:44am
post #16 of 38

A

Original message sent by vgcea

Yes Anna, you do... and ebay will not suffice either. icon_lol.gif

:-D I'ma gonna go get me one next year, when my youngin' goes to preschool, lol! I'll jus' have'ta get me summa them thar shoe thingies!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 1:03pm
post #17 of 38

Lolllll Anna, did you leave anything for anyone else to buy of Ebay? icon_smile.gif  icon_surprised.gificon_wink.gif

Thought i might have seen a picture of a Food vac/saver....have you found one you like yet?

Blue

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 8:22pm
post #18 of 38

A

Original message sent by Bluehue

Lolllll Anna, did you leave anything for anyone else to buy of Ebay? :)   :o :wink:

Thought i might have seen a picture of a Food vac/saver....have you found one you like yet?

Blue

I am waiting for a sale, or coupon code! I just figured i would get the top of the line model, I never pay full price for anything ;-) I had a 30% off coupon for one over $100, but it expired. Just waiting for the next one!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 9:56pm
post #19 of 38

LOL that looks like when I get an order from CK.  They have that $150 minimum so I always buy a ton of stuff all at one time.  LOL

Annabakescakes Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 12:48am
post #20 of 38

AThere wasn't more than 2 items for any one vendor, so it is trickling in a bit every day, lol.

Jen, did you straighten out how to order from CK without extra charges on your card? I want to order so bad!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 7:59am
post #21 of 38
Quote:

I am waiting for a sale, or coupon code! I just figured i would get the top of the line model, I never pay full price for anything icon_wink.gif I had a 30% off coupon for one over $100, but it expired. Just waiting for the next one!

thumbs_up.gifparty.gif

hieperdepiep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hieperdepiep Posted 17 May 2013 , 4:20pm
post #22 of 38

Did anybody hear of her yet?

AnnieCahill Posted 17 May 2013 , 11:41pm
post #23 of 38

AI tried to contact her through her business website but I didn't get a reply, but it seemed like there was a glitch in the website because I got a strange message when I submitted it. I have her phone number but I thought it would be strange to call her since we've never met in person. Do you think I should try to call?

Annabakescakes Posted 17 May 2013 , 11:47pm
post #24 of 38

A

Original message sent by AnnieCahill

I tried to contact her through her business website but I didn't get a reply, but it seemed like there was a glitch in the website because I got a strange message when I submitted it. I have her phone number but I thought it would be strange to call her since we've never met in person. Do you think I should try to call?

Go for it! Worst thing that could happen is she calls the police for stalking ;-) just kidding. She can always hang up, it's not like you're ringing her door bell, just her phone.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 19 May 2013 , 8:22pm
post #25 of 38

Do go ahead and call her. Over the last couple of years I have formed the closest friendships with some I've met here on CC. One would never know we've never met in person and I consider them among my dearest lifelong friends. You have nothing to lose and it just might mean as much to her to know that someone cares enough to inquire.

Jan

vgcea Posted 20 May 2013 , 1:14am
post #26 of 38

AYep, I called her business number from her website when this thread was still 'fresh,' the phone just rang and rang. Anybody else tried?

AnnieCahill Posted 20 May 2013 , 11:04am
post #27 of 38

Strange.  Yeah I live about 20 minutes away from her.  Maybe I will try to call her.  She told me a while back where she was putting her new business, but I deleted that PM so I can't do a Google search and find out where it is.  I'm not sure if the number she gave me is her home or business number.  I know her business is built on to her house.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 20 May 2013 , 6:39pm
post #28 of 38

Annie, that would be great if you could please check. 

AnnieCahill Posted 20 May 2013 , 8:00pm
post #29 of 38

Ok guys I just called but didn't get an answer.  I sent her another email through her business website.  It actually said on the site that emails have been repaired and it said my email was sent successfully.  Hopefully I will hear something soon! 

vgcea Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 5:02pm
post #30 of 38

AI sure hope she is okay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%