New Cup Style ? Where Can I Get These ??

Decorating By wafawafa Updated 19 Feb 2013 , 1:04pm by enga

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 7:25am
post #1 of 10

Hello , I was given these photos by a customer , Please if u know where can I get these ? or what they are called ?

here are the pics :

thanks in advance

9 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 9:03am
post #2 of 10

it looks like real rose petals (large ones from the outsideof the flower) that was folded around a small cupcake or cake pop.

Each one is on a little board, so I dont think they are cupcake holders. Remember if you use real fowers to make sure they are pesticide free.

Maybe you can do them with gumpaste, then it will be edible?

wafawafa Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 10

AI dont think they are gumpaste , i think they are paper made ,

Thanks for replying

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 10

I don't think they are paper they wouldn't hold...maybe silk flowers that have a small plastic cup inside? Sorry no help...

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 10

If you google something like putting a voltive in the middle of silk flowers you can get an idea...HTH

wafawafa Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 10

thanks I will google that

I will let u know if I came up with the results

thanks

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 10

I think they are silk or paper, as well. Too thin to be gum paste, and too fresh looking to be real.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 10

I'm going to say modeling chocolate or plastic.  Neither of those photos is of a cupcake.  The top one is a fruit cup which would quickly make a right mess of silk, paper or gumpaste.  And the second one is a mousse of some kind which would also make a mess of those.  Its not plain chocolate because of the curve at the top of the petals, though I guess they could be done with some sort of mold.  A modeling chocolate could be impressed with the texture we see on the outside and in modeling chocolate, the curve would be simple.  I'm also going to say hand made, because it appears that no two are the same. 

If you can't find or make those exact ones, you might try to talk your customer into the following instead:

http://www.fancyflours.com/product/chocolate-flower-dessert-cups-how-t0/All_occasion_Recipes

I'd start by asking your customer where the photos came from as a means to tracking down the originals and whoever made them. 

wafawafa Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 6:07am
post #9 of 10

I asked the custoemr where did she get these photos and she said she took it from someone who sells these sweets in another city

I told here I dont have these , but Iam still curious what are these ?

mmmm .. I will try to look for plastic or silk flower and I will  insert small cup inside and I will see if it will work

thanks all

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 1:04pm
post #10 of 10

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%