Help Please! I Need A Good Chocolate Filling Recipe Asap

Baking By karukaru Updated 10 Feb 2013 , 4:42am by icer101

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 3:32am
post #1 of 4

My chocolate buttercream tastes horrible. I am not a chocolate person so I am not used to making it. Can you suggest a  good chocolate filling recipe that won't need refrigeration? It will stay out for less than 24 hours in a house with AC all day. TIA!

I was doing research and found this one and it is supposed to be good but do you think it will hold?

1 C butter

2 1/2 C confectioners sugar

1/4 cup heavy cream

1 t vanilla

6 oz melted and cooled chocolate

Mix together the butter and sugar til fluffy, add in the cream and vanilla. Add in the melted chocolate and beat at medium/high for about 3 minutes. Mine was very smooth and creamy. I used it as a filling - I believe it makes about 2-3 cups.

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 4:22am
post #2 of 4

Yes, it will hold up. It really sounds like a great filling or even icing. I mainly use Toba Garett's chocolate buttercream recipe. I don,t use the liquer. It is very good , Can use it as filling or frosting. You can google it. Its all over the internet. But again, the one you made sounds really good also.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 4:23am
post #3 of 4

AI whip a non dairy whipped topping with a box of chocolate pudding and it Tastes great. I have also added stiff ganache to non dairy whipped topping and this is excellent too. The topping I use is Pastry Pride. Rich's and Bettercream are the same if you can't find Pastry Pride.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Feb 2013 , 4:42am
post #4 of 4

HI, again, i have been wanting to try  this, I make her caramel recipe and so delicious.

http://cakecentral.com/t/619014/chocolate-fudge-filling

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%