Baby Shower Cake And I Need Tips

Decorating By auntie4life Updated 8 Mar 2013 , 9:07pm by SweetlyDecadent

auntie4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntie4life Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 6:24am
post #1 of 6

AI was asked to do a baby shower cake. It has a baby butt and legs and feet on top under a blanket. Any ideas on how to make the baby butt, legs, and feet. I want everything to be edible so a ball of fondant isn't one of my top ideas. Here is a picture of the cake I was asked to make [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2913818/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 6:26am
post #2 of 6

Use RKT and cover with fondant.

Gag. I wish those severed baby body cakes/half the baby buried in the cake would go away.

auntie4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntie4life Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 6:28am
post #3 of 6

AI w

Original message sent by Godot

Gag. I wish those [I]severed baby body cakes/half the baby buried in the cake[/I] would go away.

thanks that was my thought but wasn't 100% sure if it would work

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 8:25am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Gag. I wish those severed baby body cakes/half the baby buried in the cake would go away.

I completely agree, I refuse to do them. Those and the pregnant belly cake. I mean, how to you even serve them? "Who wants to do the C-section?" "Who wants the breast?" "Who wants the rump?" It is just nasty, and twisted to simulate cannibalism. 

AlphaSierra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlphaSierra Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 8:36am
post #5 of 6

for the feet, you could  do modelling chocolate or marzipan? Maybe? Also, I have  the same feelings about cutting open a cake baby (or cake kittens/puppies!). Eeeeee~

SweetlyDecadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetlyDecadent Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6

The "baby" is made from rice crispy's as well as the legs and feet can be. This is designed to be a cake topper and to be removed before cutting into the actual cake below. If you look on the Wilton cake site they give really good directions. Oddly enough I had a client contact me today and ask me to replicate that same exact cake lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%