Photographer Wanting My Cakes In Pictures Need Advice

Decorating By Soprina Updated 21 Feb 2013 , 3:22am by Soprina

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 4:40am
post #31 of 35

AYou might want to get that from the HD in writing just to be safe.

Soprina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Soprina Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 8:28pm
post #32 of 35

Yeah thats not a bad idea to get it in writing, but, he did tell me a few years ago my state passed something called the House Bill 1309 allowing someone like myself to do these kinds of things. I just filled out a home occupation form for my city and am waiting to see if they agree with it and if they dont I'll ask why and tell them I was told the Bill they passed covers it...I did read some of the bill and from what i read it sounds like i'd be fine but we'll see. I figure the "writting" would be to present the "Bill"? we'll see

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 8:58pm
post #33 of 35

AAs long as your local HD classifies what you are doing as selling at a "roadside stand" you should be OK, since that's what the law allows. For example, if the photographer picks up the (non potentially hazardous) cakes at a "roadside stand" outside your house, the transaction would not require an inspected kitchen and the county health dept would have no jurisdiction.

https://ag.purdue.edu/foodsci/Documents/HEA-1309-guidance-final.pdf

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 10:20pm
post #34 of 35

You could set up a card table with a sign that says "cake sale" on the sidewalk otuside your house, hahaha! You have to love the specifics they put into the rules about where and when you can sell things.

Soprina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Soprina Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 3:22am
post #35 of 35

lol yeah I know right.....I'm just a mom with two boys at home most the time alone as my hubs is OTR tryin to make extra cash without putting my first born up for sale or collateral to start a small biz lol.....He told me that we are allowed to sell cakes at the farmers market and from inside my house...i dont know if i'm going to do the farmers market yet or not, I just dont know how much money I'd get from it and if they dont sell I loose out thats why i just wanna be able to make them by order ya know? The farmers market around here is big and lots of people go from what i have been told BUT I have never gone so I dont know how "big" it is, looks like i may have to go this year just to look around and see what people are selling. I really have wanted to put a stand oustide somewhere and give profits to organizations like hospitals or shelters, If I ever get that blessed in life and have the chance I do want to do that. Oh and yeah the specifics are crazy on all the legal stuff but I guess they have to be otherwise it'd be too easy to find a loop hole, god forbid someone find a way to get tax free money legally!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%