Newer To Cake Decorating Need Tips.

Decorating By AlyT Updated 28 Jan 2013 , 3:53pm by AlyT

AlyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlyT Posted 27 Jan 2013 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 5

AHi I am newer to cake decorating and would love tips. I started in then had my oldest and not long after had my youngest. Recently got asked to do my friends wedding cake and cupcakes. I am very excited, as I forgot my passion for baking and decorating. Any tips you offer would be amazing. Thank you.

4 replies
peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 9:39am
post #2 of 5

ALook for tutorials on CC website, Wilton Industries magazines and yearly books, their website showcases a lot of decorating ideas from simple to complex. There are beginners cake decorating books, check out Barnes and Nobles, Cake Central their magazine in print and electronic version is chuck full of ideas. Good luck!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 10:18am
post #3 of 5

Start reading these forums. Read and read and read some more and when you've finished that, try some of it out, and then read some more! icon_smile.gif

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 5

My best suggestion is to watch the youtube videos by seriouscakes and tonedna1.  They both have a good quality and selection of videos that help you with everything from making buttercream, smoothing, stacking, flowers, etc.

AlyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlyT Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 5

AAwesome I will watch videos from them! I have neen watching videos every day and reading up trying to learn as much as possible! Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%