Starting A Home Based Business In California

Business By rr2sweet Updated 25 Jan 2013 , 1:10am by jason_kraft

rr2sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rr2sweet Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 2

I might be moving to California. So I was considering selling baked goods out of my home since the food law just passed in Cali. I was wondering if it's something where you just get your house inspected and can start selling right away or is this something I'm going to have to save thousands of dollars for? Thanks for any help!

1 reply
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 25 Jan 2013 , 1:10am
post #2 of 2

AIf you will be selling directly to the public you don't need an inspection, but you do need to get a cottage food license with your county and a business license with the city. You should also get business liability insurance and write up a business plan before you begin.

Here's more info:

Quote by @%username% on %date%