Defrosting A Madeira Cake

Decorating By Chris449842 Updated 24 Jan 2013 , 12:22pm by Chris449842

Chris449842 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris449842 Posted 23 Jan 2013 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

am i best taking the cake out of the plastic wrap and let it thaw out in fridge? The now its in fridge with plastic wrap all over it?

Thanks x

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 23 Jan 2013 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 5

Leave the plastic wrap on, it will retain the moisture that way. I also tend to defrost cakes on the counter, not in the fridge, but whatever makes you happy.

Chris449842 Posted 23 Jan 2013 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti 

Leave the plastic wrap on, it will retain the moisture that way. I also tend to defrost cakes on the counter, not in the fridge, but whatever makes you happy.

Thank you, think i will bring them out the fridge as they are still frozen, but keep the wrap on them, not very  confident on doing this cake now, as last lot was not good, it looks soo easy, but when you go to try it out, its rather hard lol. Thank you xx

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 23 Jan 2013 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 5

The only time I made a madeira cake I was thoroughly unimpressed with it, it was a recipe from one of Debbie Brown's books. It was dense, but just too dry. If you are looking for a dense cake, but want it nice and moist, you could start looking at mud cakes, they are typically Australian and are fantastic!

Chris449842 Posted 24 Jan 2013 , 12:22pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti 

The only time I made a madeira cake I was thoroughly unimpressed with it, it was a recipe from one of Debbie Brown's books. It was dense, but just too dry. If you are looking for a dense cake, but want it nice and moist, you could start looking at mud cakes, they are typically Australian and are fantastic!

Yes i see a lot of people make mud cakes, will need to find a good recipe and give it a try. 

Thank you xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%