Baking In Ikea Stainless Steel Bowl ?

Baking By jemchina Updated 8 Feb 2013 , 6:43am by renettabarrett

jemchina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemchina Posted 7 Jan 2013 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever baked in the Ikea BLANDA BLANK stainless steel bowls? I need to make a belly cake, but the Wilton pan is too small for the amount of servings, and I don't want a sheet cake underneath. So Ikea had the perfect size bowl. It's 11 inches and pretty deep and round. The website says its, dishwasher safe, but does not specify "oven proof".

I'm assuming stain less steel should be oven proof?

4 replies
JPMitchell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPMitchell Posted 7 Jan 2013 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 5

Sure is!  I'm actually about to post a picture of the one I did and I used an ikea stainless steel bowl and the sport ball pans from wilton!  It will save you a toonnnn of time :)

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 7 Feb 2013 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 5

Ikea bowls??!! wow, I never thought of it! Please share which bowls? what size? does it cook well in the middle? did you use a particular cake recipe? ok, thank you!

**edited to correct spelling icon_redface.gif

jemchina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemchina Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 1:01am
post #4 of 5

I used 1 bowl that was about 11 inches wide, and 2 smaller bowls that were about 4.5 inches wide.  I did have a little bit of a problem with the bigger bowl, even though I used a nail head. The cake baked over it, and then the very top was a little uncooked, so I lowered the temperature and cooked a bit longer until done.  What I like about these bowls, is that they are very round, only one flat part about the size of a quarter, so you get a very nice round belly, with out having to mound the top with lots of extra icing. Here was the final result.

gender neutral baby shower cake, flavor white white chocolate with sugarshack's buttercream

renettabarrett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renettabarrett Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 6:43am
post #5 of 5

great ........i totally agree with JPMitchell

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%