Large Batch Recipes

Baking By BomCakes Updated 29 Dec 2012 , 4:25am by Slinger

BomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BomCakes Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 3:48am
post #1 of 3

I am ready to purchase a 12 quart Hobart from a local pizza shop that went out of business. So investigating large recipes for batter and buttercreams. I have always been afraid to do more than triple recipes of anything for fear the batter or icing would get too off kilter. Am I right? or is there nothing to worry about?

Anybody have some good large batch recipes to share?

2 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 4:20am
post #2 of 3

AI don't ever use mine because it makes my icing too airy:-( I use it for huge batches of batter, but I am a mix Baker. I don't have any problem, except when I need a spatula.to.scrape the bottom :-) I did find some at decopac that aren't too pricy. They are the Longest they have in the solid one piece design.

Slinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Slinger Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 4:25am
post #3 of 3

WoooHooo!  Nice find!  And you'll be fine :)  I've never had a problem multiplying batches, just triple check your math, measure correctly, and if your familiar with your mixing process in a small batch,  you'll know what to look for in the large batch.  Of course you may have some trial and errors, but regardless, totally worth it to have a big mixer. Good Luck!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%