Looking For Feather Molds?

Sugar Work By SkyRyder20 Updated 28 Dec 2012 , 9:16pm by SkyRyder20

SkyRyder20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SkyRyder20 Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for a feather mold to be made w/ melted chocolate and then to go on top of a cupcake.  I've searched a few cake decorating websites and haven't come up w/ anything yet.  HELP!  wedding is in May, so I have time, but i want to order something soon to make sure it's the type of feather the bride wants. 

7 replies
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 8
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 8

AAwesome! I that was so helpful, I had to scroll up to see if you were Jan H! I may get some myself after my wallet recovers from Christmas :-(

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 3:16am
post #4 of 8

I'm glad I could help. I get so much information from this forum and everyone is so willing to share. It's fun to be able to contribute something myself once in awhile. And I'm Jan W. not H. :) My wallet is suffering from terminal    exhaustion this month. I just got Jennifer Dontz' awesome pinecone mold and am trying to master making pinecones, now that the appropriate season for such is almost past. And people wonder why custom cakes are so "expensive!"

Jan

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 8

Depending on how many you need, you'll get a much more realistic feather by by cutting the shape out, and slicing and embossing yourself.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 8

But I am digging those last two molds!

SkyRyder20 Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 8

omg thank you soooo much!!!!!  this is very helpful!  i meet w/ the client next week and will print these off to see what style she'd like!  

SkyRyder20 Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 8

WAIT!!!!!  you order from Jennifer Dontz?!?!?!?!? You're kidding!!!  I order from her all the time!  I actually got to meet her this past september because we were camping near where she lived!!!  What a small world!  She is seriously such a nice person, and her family is lovely too!  They're so helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%