Bacon

Decorating By owatto Updated 9 Jun 2014 , 8:19pm by owatto

owatto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
owatto Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 10

AHi everybody! I have a cake coming up for a surprise 30th birthday. The birthday boy loves bacon. We all agreed that I would make a cake that was a set of boobs with a bikini (a shiney one as his nickname is shiny as he get distracted by shiny things) and it would have bacon somewhere. Im asking two questions: Where should i put the bacon? And How do I make fondant bacon? Has anyone made it before or seen a tutorial anywhere?

Thanks in advanced

9 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 10

AI would make the whole bikini out of bacon! The way I made bacon that looked really awesome was to get various bacon colored Pieces of fondant, roll them into noodles, wet the sides and line them up next to each other. Then flatten, letting them stick to each other, then take a ball tool and rub it on the various pieces, front and back to make it bubble and curl, then use some watered down brown to add some crispy bits to it, with a paintbrush. If you pm me an email I'll send you a pic!

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 27 Dec 2012 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 10

How about real bacon in the cake Maple bacon is amazing we have a cupcake at our shop that is one of our top sellers Maple bacon!

Annabakescakes Posted 28 Dec 2012 , 2:22am
post #4 of 10

I hate maple and bacon cupcakes and cakes...And I am a huge lover of bacon and pancakes and syrup. I dip my bacon in my syrup, and my eggs too, but I think the cupcakes and sundaes and cake is just nasty. 

winky1073 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winky1073 Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 10

Hi Annabakescakes, i am interested in seeing your bacon pic as well i have a cake with pancakes bacon and eggs on it. Thanks

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 3:36am
post #6 of 10

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2913751/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

I figured out how to upload to the thread! Sorry for the blurry picture, I had to leave with it 10 minutes before I snapped it.

owatto Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 7:49am
post #7 of 10

This is how my bacon turned out using the AnnaBakesCakes method

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 8:27am
post #8 of 10

Owatto, it looks great! (Good enough to eat!)

Filey Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Filey Cakes Posted 9 Jun 2014 , 12:32pm
post #9 of 10

AWhat colours & ratios do you use to make that shade of pink?

owatto Posted 9 Jun 2014 , 8:19pm
post #10 of 10

AUm... I think I just made some random red and pink mixture, and rolled it out with white and made the shape, dried it all wobbly, the painted it with brown gel colour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%