Kitchenaid 7 Qt Owners - Need Help

Decorating By tsal Updated 20 Dec 2012 , 10:40pm by tsal

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

Dh just surprised me with an upgrade from my 4.5 qt Ultra Power to the 7 Qt.  I adjusted the bowl clearance on the flat beater so that it just clears the bowl (as indicated in the user manual).  My question is about the 11-wire whisk attachment.

It clears the bowl beautifully, but I swear I hear it tapping the sides of the bowl.  I called KitchenAid and a customer service rep told me that it will do this, but I wanted to double check to see if anyone else hears it tapping the sides of the bowl when it's going.

Thanks!

3 replies
bittersweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bittersweety Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 4

AYes. the whisk attachment flexes slightly to make sure it can reach the bottom and sides and sometimes makes the tapping sound.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 4

I have had my 7 qt cherry red KA since May of this year (mother's day gift from my DH).  I love it!  The whisk does make a tapping sound, but I have used it many times with no problems. My 6 qt does the same thing, so I never thought anything of it.  BTW there is a flat beater with the attached rubber scraper edge now available for the 7 qt bowl.  (I bought mine from Williams Sonoma).  Very handy. 

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 4

AThanks for the replies! I'm happy to hear that it's normal. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%