Hi everyone my name is Amanda..so today was my first time making cake pops...and it was a total disaster...well actually it was all going great until i got to the part where i was going to melt the candy melts (i bought the wilton candy melts)
So with my first bag of candy melts i put them in a plastic container and put them in the microwave for about 30 sec..then took them out and mixed them a bit like it said in the bag..then i put them back in the microwave and took them out again after 30 sec i did this again like twice and the candy melts were melted but thick so i went on youtube to see how i could make it smooth and so i put butter since i didn't have shortening and thats when everything went wrong...the candy started getting all weird and bulky..it looked bad!
i don't know what to do....someone please help i want to have these done by today...
AYou need to throw away your candy melts, they can't be saved. Either get some more candy melts and shortening or get some proper chocolate and start again. Make sure you microwave chocolate on 50% power for 20 second bursts, stirring in between.
AThanks Lisa. I have locked this thread now as it is a (second) duplicate post. Cheers.