Wanted! Cake Mix Cake Recipe Using Ice Cream

Baking By BomCakes Updated 5 Dec 2012 , 5:38pm by BomCakes

BomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BomCakes Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 12:11am
post #1 of 7

I have been looking through the recipes and threads but have not found a recipe which substitutes ice cream for the wet ingredients in a cake mix batter. Does anyone have a reliable recipe like this?

I've heard it can be done but has anyone tried it with success? Is it suitable for wedding cakes? Thanks a Bunch!

6 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

There's a recipe in The Cake Mix Doctor for a cake made with melted ice cream. I've never tried it, though.

BomCakes Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 1:54am
post #3 of 7

Thank you Elcee :0)

stefkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stefkovic Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 4:47am
post #4 of 7

I made the recipe from the Cake Doctor. I used Ben and Jerrys Chunky Monkey ice cream, Flavor was good and very moist, but i should of added more chocolate chucks and nuts. There wasn't enough in the pint of ice cream for the cake. You got like one nut in every other piece.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 6:00am
post #5 of 7

AI use the WASC recipe as a base, then for the water - equal amounts of melted icecream to the flavor of your choice.:-)

Check out macsmom's gourmet flavor doc on her profile...she has some great recipes!

BomCakes Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefkovic 

I made the recipe from the Cake Doctor. I used Ben and Jerrys Chunky Monkey ice cream, Flavor was good and very moist, but i should of added more chocolate chucks and nuts. There wasn't enough in the pint of ice cream for the cake. You got like one nut in every other piece.

Hi stefkovic!

Ok question for you. If no one told you it was Chunky Monkey would you have detected that flavor? Could you tell it was Ben and Jerrys or did it just taste like good cake? I guess what I'm looking for is really identifiable flavor,  pistachio or black cherry etc. that the eater would say wow that really tastes like (what ever).  

BomCakes Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Folks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%